This is the age of transformation. We are changing and with us, the way we do business or do anything, in particular, is also changing at an astonishing rate. Now, everything is available on the internet. Every business, service provider or even individuals have their websites. And it doesn’t end there. You have to attract the traffic to your website. The success of many businesses depends on that. And here are the ways to increase website traffic:
Create Pillar Posts
- Beyond the basic ‘use a content marketing strategy’ advice we’d like to focus on pillar posts to increase website traffic.
- Depending on your niche, you’ll be able to notice what type of content would be valuable and informative.
- Pillar posts don’t just mention general advice and ‘tips’, but rather go in-depth into a topic and bring new findings and information to light.
- Pillar posts with listicles are also perfect for drive traffic to the website. The copy would include any reference to other influencers within your niche.
- If you’re able to interview a few popular bloggers or marketers within your industry, even better. They would be inspired to share your content with their following as well, and this would open up a wider audience to target.
Leave Comments on Blogs and Posts
- Being active on other platforms than just your pages and website is a smart way to leave ‘crumbs’ behind for users to follow.
- If you answer questions or provide solutions, readers are likely to follow the trail to your website.
- Increase your website traffic by showing all audiences that you aren’t afraid to share your insight for free.
- They’ll be more likely to check out your brand if you’re focused on their needs and educating the industry as a whole.
- Here’s a list of 100 High PR blog to get you started with commenting.
SEO and Keyword Strategies
- It’s imperative that your website has a clear SEO strategy in place and keyword optimization is prioritized.
- Your website should be optimized for search and this relates to the code, content, structure, and variety of keywords used. Consider inbound and outbound links and how they are influencing your search results.
- Tools such as Google Webmaster, Adwords Keyword Tool and Google Analytics can assist you in choose the right long tail keywords and establish the best keywords to target.
- Also, building quality links on others website can increase your traffic and ranking. There are a lot of Link building tools that can help you to do it
Be Active on Forums
- Think in the lines of Reddit and Quora. Readers want ‘real’ people to answer their questions and they are drawn to their peers when seeking advice.
- Have a look at the type of questions that are being asked within your industry and join the conversation.
- Make sure that your profile is up to scratch so that your credibility and affiliating with your brand is easily accessible.
- Without ‘forcing’ the topic you can also link to additional information on your website, where needed.
Consider Paid Advertising
- Supplement your organic advertising with paid social post and campaigns. This allows you to set a target audience so that you have a better chance of reaching the right individuals.
- It’s one thing to get people to visit your website, but ultimately you need them to convert.
- Through paid advertising and an effective SEO strategy, you’ll be able to attract your target demographic to your website.
- Don’t you just wish you could be in the mind of your website visitor? Well, surveys give you that opportunity.
- Allow your following to assist you in creating a better user experience by requesting them to complete a survey.
- Encourage them to fill out the survey by providing an incentive such as a discount or promotion code.
- Use this opportunity to ask your users why they’re not signing up or what’s bothering them with the UX/UI and what they would like to be different when interacting with your brand.
- Utilize survey software such as SurveyMonkey and TypeForm to create surveys. Keep it short and sweet allowing for minimum effort.
Optimize Email Marketing
- Email newsletters can be a valuable method for return visitors to your website.
- Regardless of why they signed up; you now have the funnel to share relevant information, updates and news about your brand.
- Newsletters should also be effortless to scan through but introduce a new product, service or discount that serves as a call to action to increase website traffic.
- Email marketing should be consistent for the reader to stay engaged and not feel ‘spammed’.
Create a Community
- There are many ways to implement this strategy. Some companies prefer to create Facebook Group pages as an add-on service, but creating an online forum on your website can be highly beneficial.
- Your website will in return become the ‘meeting place’ for user engagement.
- That’s exactly what we’re after, creating a method that will have your visitors coming back for more, and there’s nothing like a sense of community to inspire engagement and connection.
- Keep in mind that this strategy can be time-consuming as Neil Patel realized, so do your research first.
Create Quizzes for Your Website
- If used correctly, quizzes can actually help generate website traffic. These quizzes can be shared via social media channels to draw visitors to your website.
- Select topics with relevancy to your brand and the content that you are sharing.
- For instance, if you sell social media management software, create a quiz titled ‘which type of social media user are you’ or if you’re selling wellness products; ‘which self-care product was made for you’.
- This way you can include your services or products while keeping the visitors entertained. Sites like Quizzr, Quiz Revolution and FlexiQuiz assist you in creating your quizzes to embed on your website.
Create a YouTube Channel
- Though this will be dependent on the type of business that you’re running, YouTube proves to be really helpful when it comes to your search engine rankings.
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine and the 3rd most visited website worldwide, behind only Google and Facebook respectively.
- When you search for a term, it’s accompanied by videos in the search results as well. This increases your chances of being listed and allows you to engage on an additional platform as well. Share promotional videos on youtube, educate your audience, or explain how to use your product.
Submit Your Content To Directories
- Another smart move would be to submit your content to directories such as StumbleUpon.
- There is less competition on these applications you’ll increase your chances for users to find your content.
- Because a StumbleUpon user will select their interests, they’ll know that your content is relevant and hopefully head over to your website to find more articles.
Networking and Meetups
- Don’t forget that you can still promote your online brand while interacting offline. Have a look at the meetups and networking events in your area.
- There you’ll meet influencers within your industry and have the opportunity to build relationships.
- Ideally, you’ll gain the confidence to host an event or give a talk at one of these events and promote your company in that manner.
- Surround yourself with influential individuals that might support your cause.
Sponsor Events or Podcasts
- Once you’ve established relationships within your industry, you’ll be able to reach out to your network in a variety of ways.
- Propose sponsoring a podcast episode of one of your favourite channels.
- Usually, they mention your company’s name and you could also offer a discount to those listeners as an incentive. Sponsoring an event will also add to your brand’s credibility.
These are just some of the unique ways in which you can increase website traffic that will boost conversion and sales. Have a look at the marketing avenues you haven’t explored yet. Assess whether it’s relevant to your brand and how you can benefit your audience from being actively engaged. If you can not do it yourself, you can hire a good internet marketing services solution provider to get it implemented.
As an online brand, it’s crucial to understand the trends within the industry and adapt your marketing strategy according to those trends.