Sending HTML email templates from Gmail is complex and inefficient. HTML templates come in really handy for adding graphical elements like company logo, product images, etc.
While it is possible to attach images in Gmail, these images wouldn’t be responsive. Non-responsive images and content wouldn’t look the way they are intended to, on different screen sizes. HTML code automatically scales your content to match the screen size on your recipient’s side.
With this guide, we’ll show you how to create and send Gmail HTML email templates using SalesHandy. Apart from how to create an HTML template in Gmail, as a bonus, we’ll also show you how to track opens and clicks on your Gmail HTML emails.
How to use Gmail to send HTML email templates
Follow these three steps to create and send HTML emails from your Gmail/Gsuite account-
Step 1: Sign up with SalesHandy and install chrome extension
After downloading the extension, open your Gmail and activate the SalesHandy plugin when prompted.
Click to compose an email, and below the formatting options, you’ll find another toolbar to access SalesHandy features.
Step 2: Create HTML template for Gmail in SalesHandy
- Log in to the SalesHandy web app and navigate to the Templates menu on the left side of your screen.
- Click on “New template”, enter the subject and name for the template, and click on “<>” button in the toolbar towards the bottom of the editor.
- Paste the HTML code of your email in the code editor that appears and click on “Ok”. Click on “Create” in the template editor and your HTML template will be saved in SalesHandy
Step 3: Use Created HTML Template in Gmail
Now that you have created an HTML template in SalesHandy, you can directly edit and send it from your Gmail inbox.
Compose an email in Gmail, click on the templates icon on the SalesHandy toolbar, and select the HTML template you just created. Your template will load up and is ready to be sent.
Simple, isn’t it?
Here’s a video to get you started with HTML templates:
Other benefits of using HTML Templates from SalesHandy
- You can share your templates with your team members with just one click. You will find saved templates listed under “Team” and “Personal” labels in your list of templates.
- You get access to detailed analytics on the performance of each of your templates, like open and click rates. This will help you compare your templates and improve them.
- SalesHandy also provides integration with Outlook. If you are an Outlook user, you can use templates in your Outlook.
- You can send automated personalized emails using templates and mail merge campaigns on SalesHandy. Apart from that, you can also schedule automated follow-up sequences to be sent based on your recipient’s behavior (if not opened/responded to the previous email, etc.).
- You can assign access rights of your templates folder to your teammates on various levels like Create, Edit, and Delete permissions.
- Create and save email template directly from Gmail using SalesHandy’s Chrome extension.
- Directly send email templates from your Gmail Compose box and use shortcuts to save time while loading your template in the compose box.
Why should you send an email newsletter using Gmail if you have a limited number of recipients?
It is indeed easier to create and send your newsletter’s HTML emails using services like MailChimp or GetResponse. But this makes your emails prone to be delivered into Spam or Promotions folders. It’s because these services use public servers that send hundreds of thousands of emails every second, most of which would be reported as spam.
When these emails are sent from your Gmail/Gsuite account, they’re highly likely to be delivered in your recipient’s Primary inbox folder. Since Gmail servers don’t send out mass emails like some other services, emails sent using Gmail are assumed to be important for the recipient.
Read this article — How To Send A Newsletter With Gmail Effectively to start sending your newsletters from Gmail.
But, if you have a list of 10k recipients or more, then you can not send a newsletter email to all the recipients in one day.
Gmail/Gsuite accounts have limitations in terms of their sending rates and limits. Google limits every Gmail account to send 500 emails, 2000 for Gsuite.
Read this blog to know more about Gmail and Gsuite daily sending limit.
So if you have limited recipients, you can send HTML email template in Gmail using SalesHandy.