The technologically advanced world we live in today demands results to be achieved instantaneously. Consumers have the exact same mindset when it comes to communicating with organizations; they expect instant answers. A survey by HubSpot revealed that consumers expect answers within 10 minutes from customer support. Live chat software offers the functionality of prompt replies.
Live chat software helps organizations communicate with their customers and provide them with immediate query resolution. Even more so, with the rise of AI-powered technologies, AI chatbots are able to identify certain keywords and provide users with relevant information.
Live chat software is a perfect integration into a website to open the lines of communication with a customer. Live chat support has steadily risen to become one of the leading digital contact methods for online customers.
Adding a live chat solution to your website or app can prove to be beneficial for your organization as a whole. It can provide a personalized experience to the customers’ journey.
Choosing The Best Live Chat Software For Your Business
Customers of the 21st century are used to having everything available to them at their fingertips. Buyer behavior is rapidly changing, and businesses are adapting as the shift occurs. Live chats have been known to offer instant responses and increase customer engagement.
99 Firms revealed that 79% of consumers prefer live chat because they offer instant responses. The customer satisfaction rate through the use of live chat software has been reported as high as 92% and is considered to be the mode of communication with the highest consumer satisfaction.
The video below what exactly live chat software is and how it works:
When choosing a live chat service, consider the needs of your organization and customer. Different features are available in every live chat app. Here are a few tips on how to help you choose the best live chat software for your organization:
- Lead Generation – Let’s face it, this is an item that is probably one of the most important features you will read on this list. When a prospect visits your website, it’s highly essential that you convert them into paying customers. And how do you do that through live chat? You use software that provides detailed analytics and reports (including purchase history, buyer persona) to help you identify qualified leads.
- Integrations, API & SDKs – Selecting a live chat software that offers third-party app integration, APIs and SDKs makes it compatible with any platform you’re using. If your live chat software can integrate with your existing CRM software, agents will be able to easily track activities and be highly efficient in responding.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Powered – Customers often have similar queries that can become repetitive in nature and thus having AI-powered automation is pivotal to maximizing the effort of agents. An AI-based chatbot can be used to handle greetings or directing the customer to the relevant agent for resolution.
- Customizability – Every organization is unique in the way they deal with customers. One feature to look out for when selecting a live chat software is the customization ability. To be able to customize workflows, automation, templates etc, your chat will be distinctive to your organization.
What other tips can you suggest when selecting live chat software? Let us know in the comments down below.
Live Chat Softwares
- Tidio Chat
- Live Agent
- HubSpot Service Hub
- Pure Chat
Zendesk is a customer service software company. They specialize in CRM software designed to improve customer relationships. Their live chat software is one of the best in the market and offers unique features like a WhatsApp API. Zendesk is known to offer solutions that reduce customer waiting time and increase efficiency that promotes customer satisfaction and brand loyalty. Zendesk offers an array of products each serving different functionalities (all centered around customer service).
- Ticketing System
- Chat Bot
- Live Chat
- Voice Mail
- Multichannel communication: web, phone, email, chat, social media
- Advanced analytics and reports
- Automated Routing
- Blended Contact Center
- Multiple APIs
- Different plans available (Support Team, Support Professional, Support Enterprise)
- Valid for 30 days
- All features available in the free trial
- Support Team (billed annually per agent) $19
- Support Professional (billed annually per agent) $49
- Support Enterprise (billed annually per agent) $99
Salesmate is a cloud-based CRM software that focuses on customer interactions. This software is the perfect integration for your website to increase customer retention rates. The unique feature of this built-in live chat software allows for real-time conversations to be assigned to an expert agent and resolve queries within minutes. Their interface allows for automated workflows that propel the sales team to focus on the right deals.
- Built-in Calling (Automated Outbound Dialer)
- Email Drip Sequences
- Workflow Automation
- Chat Customization for each chat window tailored made individual organizations
- Easy Team Collaboration (for easy and speedy customer query resolution)
- Set Availability Timings for users
- Specific Chat Assignment (to the right agent)
- 15 days free trial
- Free trial available for three plans only (excluding enterprise)
- Starter $12 (Per User/Per Month)
- Growth $24 (Per User/Per Month)
- Boost $40 (Per User/Per Month)
- Enterprise – Custom Pricing
Acquire is a customer communication support software equipping your enterprise with digital tools to provide enriched customer experiences. With Acquire enterprises can put their customers at the forefront through their scalable software suites that are perfect for customer service and support needs.
- AI-powered Chatbots
- Live Chat
- Video Calling
- Call Recording
- Co-browsing Software
- Extensions and Plug-ins
According to the Acquire website, prices are not mentioned; individual price quotations are calculated depending on the needs of our organization.
However, according to FinancesOnline (last updated on February 2021), the pricing is:
- Basic Plan: Free
- Premium Plan $35 (Per Agent/Month)
- Team Plan $250 (Per Agent/Month)
LiveChat is a live chat software that is specifically designed for website integration for the capturing of qualified leads and closing deals. Integrating LiveChat into your website will enable on-site visitors to send in their questions and have queries resolved instantly.
- Targeted Messaging
- Chat Routing
- File Sharing
- Chat Transfer
- Canned Responses (Automated)
- Ticketing System
- Pre-Chat Survey (To Assess Leads)
- Free trial for 14 days (Team plan features)
- Starter $14 (Per Agent, Billed Annually)
- Team $33 (Per Agent, Billed Annually)
- Business $50 (Per Agent, Billed Annually)
- Enterprise (Need to request quotation)
Intercom is a Conversational Relationship Platform (CRP) that aids businesses in engaging and supporting customers. The software automatically assigns tasks to relevant sales or customer service agents. Their messenger experience is highly personalized, promoting customer satisfaction throughout the customer journey.
- Live Chat
- Automated Response
- Support Bots
- Shared Inbox
- Chat/Platform Customization
Intercom offers a variety of different plans depending on the size of your organization:
- For Most Businesses
- Conversational Marketing (Individual Quotation)
- Conversational Customer Engagement (Individual Quotation)
- Conversational Support (Individual Quotation)
- For Very Small Businesses
- Starter $70 Per Month (Free Trial Available)
Nextiva specializes as a Voice-over-the-internet-protocol (VoIP) software company aiming to unify business communications. Their platform brings together all the important features needed in a business communication channel for customers — live chat, surveys, voice, and video call, chatting, and SMSing. Nextiva prides itself in having unbeatable reliability; they have had zero outages since 2018, holding true to their 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- Automated Message Selection For Agents (Generated through the most commonly used replies)
- Unlimited Chat History
- Internal Chat (With supervisors/team)
- Set Availability (For Live Chats)
- Chat Reports
- 7 Free Trial only available for Essential Plan
(Price dependent on the number of users using the software)
(Price mentioned below for 20-99 users)
- Essential $18 (Per User/Month)
- Professional $22.95 (Per User/Month)
- Enterprise $32.95 (Per User/Month)
- Ultimate $57.95 (Per User/Month)
JivoChat is a live chat software that offers omnichannel communication for customers. The live chat for software can easily be integrated into your website seamlessly. Their omnichannel communication extends to almost all pivotal communication channels: Instagram, ChatBots, Telegram, Email, Facebook, etc.
- Chat Bots
- Translate Chat Messages (Upto 20+ Languages)
- LiveChat for Websites
- Facebook and Instagram Integration
- WhatsApp for Business Integration
- Instant Callback
- JivoChat Basic is free for all (Upto 5 agents)
- JivoChat Professional has a free trial of 14 days
- JivoChat Professional ₹500 ($6.70 – Per Agent/Month)
Tidio is a live chat website plug-in software that is offered for websites such as WordPress, Shopify, HubSpot, etc (easy integration to third-party apps). Focusing on customer support and management they employ AI-led technologies and offer top-notch chatbots.
- Lifetime free version (3 chat operators, 500 emails per month, unlimited chats, 100 unique reachable visitors, and 3rd party app integration).
- Different plans for specific functionalities (chatbot, communicator, and mailing) has free trial versions
- Chatbots $18 (Per Month)
- Communicator $18 (Per Month)
- Mailing $10 (Per Month)
LiveChat is a cloud-based live chat service provider which is considered one of the best in its industry. It is equipped with 175+ features that support agents to provide the best customer care experience. Personalized customer communication can be incorporated to suit the needs of your organization to attain a robust customer service portal.
- Built-in Call Center
- Real-time Live Chat
- Universal Inbox
- Automated Ticket Distribution
- Mass Actions
- Agent Ranking
- Forever Free Account (7 days ticket history, 1 chat button, 1 phone number, 1 email address, basic history, and customer portal + forum).
- 14 day free trial for all plans
- Ticket $15 (Per Agent/Month)
- Ticket+Chat $29 (Per Agent/Month)
- All Inclusive $39 (Per Agent/Month)
Olark is a live chat tool with in-depth analytics and customer data that helps you understand every online interaction. This live chat support can be integrated with Help Desk, eCommerce, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms. Olark is one of the free live chat software that can be used for small-scale operations (20 chats per month).
- Searchable Transcripts
- Unlimited Integrations
- Customizable Branding
- Visitor Insights
- Unlimited Time Free Version (1 agent, 20 chats per month)
- First 14 days free for all accounts (Credit card information needed)
- Olark Pro $19 (Per Month)
EngageBay is a customer relationship management (CRM) tool that is largely used as a marketing software. It has four products in total which have different functions all-encompassing marketing and sales needs (All in One Suite, Marketing Bay, CRM & Sales Bay, and Support Bay).
The software is perfect for growing businesses for sales, support, and marketing solutions to engage and convert prospects. Their live chat option offers quick and personalized features with insights, automated responses, customer journey tracking, email transcripts, and website widgets.
(The live chat feature is only included in the All In One Suite)
- Sales Automation
- Transfer Chats
- Customizable Layouts
- Lead Management
- Track Customers (For A More Personalized Approach)
- Chat Transcripts
- Proactive Chats
- Forever Free Plan Available (For All Products) (500 Contacts and 1,000 Branded Emails)
(Live Chat Feature Included)
- Service Bay (Free Helpdesk) is free forever
- All In One Suite ($8.99 Basic, $29.99 Growth, $47.99 Pro – Per Month/User)
- Marketing ($7.79 Basic, $14.99 Growth, $29.99 Pro – Per Month/User)
- CRM & Sales Bay ($7.79 Basic, $14.99 Growth, $29.99 Pro – Per Month/User)
ChatBot is a platform designed to automate customer service processes, reducing overhead and improving efficiency. The live chat service provider can be integrated into several web pages and applications. The aim of ChatBot is to minimize human effort by automating communication and achieve customer satisfaction through speedy query resolution.
- Pre-built Templates
- In-depth Reports
- User Data
- Multi-Channel Integration
- Chat Builder Tool
- Free Trial Available For 14 Days (Team Plan Features)
- Starter $42 (Per Month) (1 Chatbot)
- Team $126 (Per Month) (5 Chatbots)
- Business $424 (Per Month) (Unlimited Chatbots)
- Enterprise (Consultation Required For Price)
Gorgias is a customer support-centric live chat helpdesk software specially designed for online (eCommerce) stores — BigCommerce, Shopify, and Magneto. The purpose of the software is to allow your customer service team to manage all their handlings on one platform from multiple channels of communication.
- Real-time Chat
- Case Management
- Provide Customer Service on Every CRM Channel
- Chat Templates
- Customer Purchase History
- Third-party app integration
- Live Chat With Customers Currently Visiting Online Store
- 7 Day Free Trial (Available for all plans except Enterprise)
- Basic $50 (Per Month)
- Pro $250 (Per Month)
- Advanced $626 (Per Month)
- Enterprise (Consultation Needed)
Pipedrive is a customer relationship management tool developed for sales representatives. The CRM software places importance on the sales process and ensures all activities are undertaken with precision. With features like built-in forecasting and integration with third-party applications, the tool is easy-to-use and beneficial for salespersons.
- In-depth Analytics and Reports
- Mobile Apps and Integrations
- Team Progress Tracking
- Live Conversations With Leads (Instant Notifications When Visitor is Detected)
- Offline Mode
- Reassigning Chats
- Free Trial is available for 14 days (only for Essential and Advanced plan – no credit card required)
- Essential $12.50 (Per User/Month)
- Advanced $24.90 (Per User/Month)
- Professional $49.50 (Per User/Month)
- Enterprise $99.0 (Per User/Month)
Podium is a custom review software, collecting all customer reviews on one single platform. It is an interaction management platform tool that uses messaging features to conveniently converse with leads, customers, teammates. Podium allows agents to directly message leads and customers at every touchpoint.
- Campaign Management
- Review Management Software
- Customer Feedback
- Social Networks Monitoring
- Track Performance
- Website Widgets
Podium has custom pricing for each user/organization, and prices are quoted based on needs.
Birdeye is an all-in-one Experience Marketing platform (an enterprise reputation platform) that features reviews, listings, and referrals. Companies of all sizes use Birdeye to be selected by prospective customers. Through using Birdeye organizations can connect with qualified leads and customers via the communication channels of their choosing.
- Review Monitoring, Management, Generation, and Marketing
- Customer Feedback
- Message Routing (To Your Prefered Channel or Device)
- Personalized Widgets For Chats
- 30-day Free Trial (Subject To Qualification)
- Enter Details Of Your Organization On Their Pricing Configurator For An Estimate (Click here)
Freshdesk offers a fresh approach to customer engagement through its CRM tool. The aim of this tool is to unify ticket resolution across various channels. Fresh Desks’ AI-powered support chatbot uses machine learning through customer interaction referring to older conversations for better service.
- Ticketing System
- AI-Powered Chatbot
- Multi-channel Support
- Help Widget
- Auto Suggestions
- Sprout Plan (21 Days Free Trial)
- Blossom ₹999
- Garden ₹2,599
- Estate ₹3,599
- Forest ₹7,199
HubSpot’s Service Hub combines all your customer service data and channels together in one platform. This is facilitated through features like automation and self-service for the customer. They aim to provide a CRM platform that supports the functionalities of customer service agents to deliver exceptional service.
- Help Desk & Ticket Automation
- Knowledge Base – Frequently asked questions data available to convert into a library or help article
- Customer Profiles
- Analytics and Reports
- 14 Days Free Trial (Live Chat Feature Included)
- Starter $45 (Per Month)
- Professional $800 (Per Month)
- Enterprise $3,200 (Per Month)
- Starter CRM Suite (Per Month)
Pure Chat is enterprise-focused live chat software developed to connect effortlessly with website visitors and customers at crucial touchpoints. They offer unlimited users and chats for 3 websites for a FREE PLAN.
- Canned Responses
- Email Form When Agent Unavailable
- Easy to Integrate into Your CRM Software
- Customizable Chat Widgets
- 30 Days Free Trial
- Growth $39 (Per Month)
- Pro $79 (Per Month)
Drift is a Revenue acceleration platform that aids businesses in using conversational and humanized methods to make business buying easier. By using Drift, businesses have their lines of communication open 24/7, this is, in turn, increases the customer lifetime value.
- Live Chat
- Targeted Emails
- Lead Gathering
- In-App Messaging
- Virtual Selling Agents
- Conversational Ratings
- Free Trial Available (Website does not mention the duration of free trial)
- Premium (Individual Quotation Required)
- Advanced (Individual Quotation Required)
- Enterprise (Individual Quotation Required)
3CX is a communications software-based company that focuses on fulfilling customer service needs. Their software has WebRTC video integrations, softphones, website live chat, and much more to offer companies a unified communication package.
- Call Center Management
- Audio/Video Conferencing
- Customizable Branding
- Call Routing
- Live Call (Included in Live Chat Feature)
- Facebook & SMS Integration
- Free 1 Year Trial Available (Standard)
- Pro $0.88 (Per User/Month)
- Enterprise $1.08 (Per User/Month)
Front is a customer communication tool that offers tailor-made services at a large scale. The software enables all communication channels (email, SMS, social media, or chat) to be accessed on one single platform to better serve customers.
- Team Inbox/Chat
- Workflow Automation
- Custom Automation
- Shared Drafts (Between teammates for faster communication and efficiency for customer support)
- Message Templates
- Free Trial Information Not Mentioned On Website
- Enterprise (Consultation Required)
- Prime $49
- Starter $19
Benefits Of Using A Live Chat Software
- Offers a personalized experience – Integrating your live chat software with your CRM software will enable you to view the customer’s details. This in turn will allow you to provide them with a more personalized experience through past customer interactions.
- Prevents cart abandonment – Reaching out at the right time with the right message, will aid in decreasing bounce rates. Website visitors can stay engaged if their queries are resolved in a timely manner. Cart abandonment can be avoided and deals can be closed.
- Easy and low-cost data collection – Data collection can be undertaken through various methods. Using live chat software to do so is not only extremely easy but also cost-effective. Getting first-hand information from customers will help your customer-centrism soar! Your CRM will always stay updated through this method.
- Quick query/issue resolution – 79% of consumers prefer live chats because they offer instant responses as found by 99 Firms. Resolving queries within minutes of initiation will keep your customers satisfied and engaged.
There is a myriad of live chat software available for your organization, the list goes on and on. Choosing the right one for your organization should be parallel with the needs and requirements. Using a live chat feature for your website or application will facilitate lead generation, customer support, and customer engagement. Since 82% of customers are more satisfied with their live chat experience, it is evident that this mode of communication is effective (as compared to 61% of email users and 44% of phone users). Another survey by ICMI, found that 46% of users prefer live chat as compared to 29% for email and 16% for social media.
What are some of the live chat software your organization uses or recommends? Let us know in the comments down below.