Sales are fundamental for every business and organization.
Statistics show that traditional sales tactics remain effective and their value should never be underestimated.
At the same time, however, new forms of sales techniques are emerging as businesses become more digital, connected and automated.
By 2020, Gartner predicts that 85% of customer interaction with enterprises will be automated.
With business increasingly being conducted online and new models such as software-as-a-service and crowdfunding emerging, the sales world is changing.
From email conversion rates to PPC and optimized landing pages, there are many approaches, techniques, and innovations to keep up with.
Whether you’re a hardened sales veteran, startup founder or marketer looking to broaden your horizons, here (in no particular order) are 21 killer sales blogs and posts you should have on your radar.
DiscoverOrg is one of the leading global marketing and sales intelligence tools used by people all over the world for growth acceleration. Make sure you read their blog for value-adding information
- How to calculate total addressable market (and how it will impact sales)
- What is buyer intent data?
- The sales kickoff blueprint: learning, culture, celebration
Learn the latest B2B Sales tips, tactics, and strategies from the world’s best Sales Professionals. Take your sales career to the next level!
- Sales Call Success: Things We Discovered from Thousands of B2B Sales Conversations
- How to get your Sales Email Opened
- Perfecting The Sales Follow Up: How to Gain Momentum and Win Deals Without Being Annoying
Inbound marketing platform and content marketing heavyweight Hubspot’s sales blog is predictably full of great content, covering everything from the customer lifestyle to why you’re closing sales wrong.
- How to Talk to Pretty Much Anyone About Pretty Much Anything
- 16 Call-to-Action Formulas That Make People Want to Click
- Lead Scoring 101: How to Use Data to Calculate a Basic Lead Score
CRM platform Close.io’s informative blog has great sales content on a range of topics, from cold calling to hiring sales staff and closing prospects for B2B, SAAS and beyond.
- 39 shocking sales stats that will change the way you sell
- 13 killer B2B sales questions to close more deals
- 5 myths about SaaS sales you probably believe
The blog of Aaron Ross, former Salesforce director and author of the award-winning, bestseller Predictable Revenue covers everything from Salesforce optimization to energizing your sales force.
- 4 Mistakes 95% of Salespeople Make With Cold Emails
- How Do I Find My Niche? 8 Questions to Ask Yourself
- 4 Ways to Ensure Your Sales Pipeline Never Dries Up
Marc Wayshak, the bestselling author of “Game Plan Selling” and “Breaking All Barriers” has been sharing his valuable insights on his own blog for a long time now. His content provides simple and proven ways to become a better sales strategist resulting into the growth of your business.
- 13 Sales Tips to Make This Year Your BEST Year Ever
- 9 Really Easy Phone Sales Tips (to help you close way more sales!)
- 11 Sales Motivation Ideas to Get You to Make That Next Call
A great Saas focused blog and community, created by Alex Theuma, that features numerous blogs posts, podcasts, videos and resources covering all aspects of SaaS for startups, with a lot of content on sales.
- How to Crush it Like Docusign
- We Don’t Sell Saddles Here – A Memo from Stewart Butterfield
- Top 5 SaaS Professors of Customer Success
Sales blog from Craig Rosenberg, co-founder of sales, research, advisory and consulting firm TOPO, featuring numerous guest posts and covering a range of useful sales topics.
- The Most Important Social Selling Lesson an Inside Sales Rep Can Learn
- Never Separate a Gorilla from his Bananas
- Key Findings from 6.4 Million Sales Emails
Top Sales Dog
Research-based and field-tested sales training ideas to help you prospect more effectively, close more sales, retain more customers and deliver more value from sales training company from the Rapid Learning Institute.
- Why is it so hard to train salespeople to shut up?
- Hiring salespeople: What qualities should you look for?
- Can we teach salespeople to shut up and listen?
Great tips, techniques and ideas from sales veteran and trainer Paul Castain, from cutting to the chase with prospects to why 98% of cold calls are a waste of time.
- 33 Ways To Approach A Potential Client
- Why You Should Love Fridays & Mondays As A Sales Professional
- What To Do If You Suck At Cold Calling
Experienced B2B technology sales director Lori Richardson’s blog features an array of useful content on sales productivity, lead generation and specialization.
- The Power of Goal Setting In Sales
- Increase Sales by Decreasing Sales Role Pollution
- The Skeleton Strategy to Reach Prospects
CloserIQ is a Sales Recruitment Agency that fills in the gap between top sales talents and amazing startups. They write on almost all facets of sales including inside sales, sales management, sales development, sales strategies, sales operations and much more.
- Best Practices for Maintaining a Clean Sales Pipeline
- 7 Pieces of Marketing Collateral to Include in Your Sales Process
- 4 Team Building Strategies for Sales Teams
This blog from sales performance consultancy The Center for Sales Strategy features a wealth of great content on everything sales related, from digital and inbound to finding and managing sales talent.
- Don’t Delete Me! The Sales Email Subject Line
- A Sales Strategy to Double Time Spent Selling
- Why 75% of Proposals Will Never Close, and 10 Ways to Improve
Sales hacking and automation blog from outbound sales automation platform Growbots covering everything from life hacks and sales email tips to sales pipeline advice.
- Know Your Early Growth SaaS Metrics Inside Out
- 8 Takeouts about Startup Sales from Steli Eft
- Engage your leads with visuals in social media
The blog of sales consultancy, The Bridge Group Inc’s, shares insights and ideas on best practices for inside sales pipeline generation and quota attainment, including trends, tips, models and metrics.
- Inside Sales Comp Calculator: Base Salary & Ote
- 6 Ideas For Making Your Sales Team Warriors
- The Real Difference Between A Director And Inside Sales Manager
Some very useful tips, tricks and tools covering everything from building relationships and nurturing leads to following up, from CRM provider Contactually.
- The Biggest List of 133 Relationship Management Tools
- 5 Five Minute Tips on How to Write Follow-Up Emails Effectively
- Modern Selling in 2015: Nurturing Leads in the Digital Era
Illuminating regular sales tips and insights from B2B sales trainer Anthony Iannarino, from hustling playbooks to how to stay motivated.
- 15 Things I Would Train Salespeople On Instead of Social Selling
- Declare Your Independence
- Do You Remember How to Close?
Prospecting platform Pipedrive’s blog features guest contributors and a range of useful posts covering B2B sales from inbound to prospecting and generating leads.
- How to Set Smarter Sales Goals for You and Your Sales Team
- How to Measure and Track Your Entire Sales Team’s Performance
- 9 Morale Boosters to Pull Your Sales Team Out of a Slump
Inbound marketing specialists Inboundrocket’s blog covers a lot of content such as creating effective landing pages and copy, how to convert visitors and lead generation ideas.
- Lead Generation: Best Tips From The Experts
- 7 Industry Experts On How To Build A Crazy High Converting Landing Page For Your Startup
- 9 Lead Generation Ideas to Boost Sales Now
Sales performance analytics provider InsightSquared’s blog has a lot valuable conten, including podcasts with sales professionals and blog posts covering the sales process from every angle.
- 8 Things The Top 1% Of Sales Reps Do Differently
- The Top SaaS Metrics Of The Most Influential Venture Capitalists
- The Most Powerful Apps For Sales And Marketing Teams
The blog from lead and data provider Pure B2B features useful B2B resources such as using social media for generating leads, email marketing and how to stop customers unsubscribing.
- 10 B2B Lead Generation Strategies for 2016
Prospecting and lead platform RightHello’s blog has a wealth of useful resources on sales, from sales for founders to working with international clients and managing sales development.
- Another negative answer to your cold email? Deal with it like a pro
- Don’t waste time at conferences
- How founders can kickstart startup sales
The blog from sales tool provider SalesHandy has a range of sales posts, from recommended sales professionals to follow on social media to upcoming sales trends.
- How To Write The Perfect Sales Emails
- 9 Hot Strategies to Lock in Initial Customers for Your SaaS Product
- How Salespeople Should Spend The First & Last 30 Minutes Of The Day
Outbound sales platform Persistiq’s blog is filled with interesting and useful outbound sales posts, covering all aspects of the sales process from sales hacking and leads to following up.
- 6 Advanced LinkedIn Prospecting Tactics for the Outbound Sales Rep
- How to Build the Perfect Sales Stack for Your Company
- The Rise of Sales Development