Sales lead generation requires you to invest time and effort in the process of acquiring and to qualify sales leads. However, as a small business, you have limited resources. To ensure that you are getting the best possible return on your investment, you need a solid sales lead qualification process that helps you to identify and pursue the leads that are most likely to get a convert. Qualified sales leads can ensure high conversion rate.
Benefits of Sales Lead Qualification
Your sales lead qualification process allows you to evaluate each new potential client so that you can decide on the best course of action. Some of the specific benefits of an efficient sales lead qualification process includes:-
- Understanding of your position with each client. – When you have a clear process for identifying and qualifying sales leads, you collect valuable information about each lead that improves your understanding of where you stand with your prospects. It also gives you a chance to determine who the decision makers are at a given company or agency so that you can tailor your messages towards those specific people.
- Identifying of your most promising prospects. – As you learn about your various prospects, you can determine which are most likely to make a purchase and eliminate those that don’t have the ability to pay or aren’t truly interested in becoming clients.
- Conservation of resources. – Learning about each of your prospects allows you to focus your time and energy on those that are most likely to convert. This limits the number of resources you expend on each sale you close.
- Collection of valuable data. – During the sales lead qualification process, you will also collect a wealth of data that you can analyse to understand and improve all aspects of the sales process.
Identifying and Pursuing Sales Leads
To properly identify and pursue a sales lead, follow these steps:-
1. Create an internal checklist.
Create a simple checklist that you can use to assign each potential client a score. Some of the criteria you might include on your checklist include the client’s time frame, the urgency of the client’s problem, the value your solution will provide to the client, and the resources the client has to purchase or invest in the solution.
2. Evaluate each new client using your checklist.
Use the checklist you create to evaluate each new prospect. Assign the prospect a score and store this information in the database.
3. Create a marketing plan based on scores.
Develop a marketing plan that treats potential clients differently based on the score they receive. In general, you should focus on the leads who receive high scores, a moderate amount of resources on leads with moderate scores, and a low amount of resources on leads with low scores.
4. Use technology to improve the efficiency of your plans.
Once you have developed a sales lead identification and marketing plan, use technology to implement it efficiently. For example, you can use programs like Salesforce to get a comprehensive view of your prospects at any given time. This technology can also be used in conjunction with marketing efforts, such as text message marketing.
When you have a plan in place to identify and pursue the best leads, you’ll see your business grow. By following the steps above, you can be sure that you are investing in the most promising prospects.