We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers set up their SalesHandy account.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving technical issues, configuring browser settings and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give customers quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact customers via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customers’ trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
What will I be doing? 🤔
- Research and identify solutions to software issues being faced by the customer.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including SalesHandy account set up for the customer and resolving technical issues.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Connect and talk customers through a series of actions, either via email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to the internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of help articles and FAQs
What skills do I need? 📖
- Hands-on experience with Linux / Ubuntu / MacOS environments
- Basic understanding of MYSQL database & network debugging.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues on the server side by going through log generated by the SalesHandy application.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Priority to those who are ready to work during US hours.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Understanding of PHP language to identify the root cause of the issue.