Microsoft Outlook ranks fourth among the major email service providers across the world and 61% of its customers are from the United States. The simpler user interface and handy features are the reason for the numbers of professionals using Outlook. For years many business organizations use Outlook as their primary email sending medium. However, every user trying to reach wider audiences has a very common query about how to send mass email in Outlook in a simpler manner.
In this article, we will be explaining two techniques of sending bulk email from Outlook:
Also you can check for the limitations of Traditional method and advantages of the Professional method for making the process swift and straightforward.
Almost anybody may look at lists of freelance writing jobs on the internet, and consider a great chance to impress clients with their function. WriterBay is among the best freelance writing businesses online. Freelance writing opportunities integrate all the above mentioned plus much more. Otherwise, they may possibly wind up hiring the incorrect man for a free of charge lance creating job, uncovering the caliber of work poor.
I have submitted numerous posts related to educational article writing, and definitely may keep doing so as time passes. Your primary view is the largest factor in constructing how your whole article will be laid out. With any article, the intro can both supply you with a great beginning or ruin any opportunity you will create an excellent document. Then, you’ll be obligated to form the body of your own essay.
Quite simply, freelance article writers of affordable papers who aren’t associated with a specific company for almost any period of time. By putting your purchase here, you get a fantastic article author along with a great researcher rolled in to one. You are capable to be a great author, but your character might maybe be wanting. So purchase documents online here with no doubt your writer understands the approach to nail the document!
Steps of Sending a Mass Email with Outlook (Traditional Method)
As an old or so-called traditional method, users used to send a mass email in Outlook using Microsoft word. However, it’s a tedious process and gets complicated if multiple mass email campaigns are done simultaneously. For using this method it is highly recommended to use the most recent version of Microsoft Word as the whole process of sending a mass email with Outlook depends on Microsoft Word.
You need to follow the steps described below to send mass emails in Outlook using the traditional method.
Step 1: Start with writing the email draft
- Draft your email body in Microsoft word
- Click on Mailing Tab >> Start Mail Merge >> E-mail messages
- Your email will be automatically drafted as an email
Step 2: Add your recipient’s list in Microsoft Word
- Click on Mailing tab>>Select Recipients >> Type a New List
- Click on New Entry and enter the details of your recipients like their First name, Last name, Company name, the industry they work in, etc.
- Repeat the above process for adding every individual recipient
- Once you have added all the recipients, Click Ok
Step 3: Personalize your merge tags
- Go to Write & Insert Fields group under Mailings tab and click on the Insert Merge Field
- Add the respective merge tags in the email body, wherever you want
- Click OK to insert the merge field
- In the Write & Insert group, choose Greeting Line
- Choose the greeting format you wish to use from the Greeting line dialog
- Click OK to insert the Greeting Line accordingly
- Click on File >> Save to save your email
Step 4: Send your mass email in Outlook with personalization
- Choose Preview Results, and then click on Next and Previous Button to recheck your emails.
- Choose Finish & Merge >> Send E-mail Messages
- In the To box, choose the email address option
- Add the Subject line in the respective column
- In the Mail format box, choose between HTML (the default setting) or Plain text to send the document as the body of the email message
- Choose OK to run the mail merge
Limitation of Using The Traditional Method
1. Tedious process
The process included with Microsoft word for sending a mass email with Outlook is very lengthy and all the works are to be done at different places. You need to draft the email in the editor, add the recipients in the mailing tab and then merge it together. Along with that, it is also difficult for a person to add all the contacts one by one in separate columns to create a mailing list.
As everything is done manually, it becomes a complex and error-prone process which may eventually lead to campaign failures.
2. A limited number of recipients
While sending a mass email in Outlook, you can send emails to a limited number of recipients according to the plan provided by Microsoft. Exhausting the daily limits, pulls the attention of the SPAM filters which ultimately lands your email in the SPAM box. This is a major problem while sending cold emails.
3. Building a mailing list
Building a mailing list is a tedious task and also a major issue which restricts users from not sending mass email in Outlook. While adding recipients details, the user has to fill a form with necessary details for each recipient individually. It cannot be imported from any source other than Outlook contacts. Basically, this whole process becomes time consuming and hectic.
Send Mass Email in Outlook Using Professional Method (SalesHandy)
All the Sales Professionals, Marketers, recruiters, and other experts who use mass emails don’t prefer to spend more time in drafting and setting up their emails. Rather they prefer to spend time in email productivity and maximum outreach. So, it is suggested to use a good email outreach tool like SalesHandy to send mass email with Outlook.
With SalesHandy users can send their mass email with Outlook while drinking a cup of coffee. Just follow the 6 simple steps described below to send personalized mass emails in Outlook by the professional method.
Step 1: Signup with SalesHandy
SalesHandy is an email automation tool used by Sales Professionals, Marketers and many different types of experts to automate their mass email in an easy way. The onboarding process of SalesHandy is very simple and easy to use.
Follow the simple steps to signup with SalesHandy:
- Click on Signup with SalesHandy
- Add your Outlook email address and password
- Verify your email account
Voila! Your Signup process is complete. Now you can go and bring a cup of coffee.
Step 2: Create your Recipient’s List
- List all your recipients in a spreadsheet
- Add the first line in the spreadsheet as the particulars of the column (E.g.: Name, Email Address, Company). Adding the Email address field is mandatory
- Save the file as CSV
If you want to use your Outlook contact, you just need to export the list from it by following the steps given below.
- Log in to your Outlook Account
- Click on File >>Open and Export
- Click on Import/Export and choose “Export to a file”
- Click Next and select Comma Separated Values
- Choose the contact folder from the list and save the exported file
- You can now directly upload the CSV file on SalesHandy
Refer to the article “How to create a CSV file”.
Step 3: Upload your Recipient List
- Go to the SalesHandy web-app and login with your credentials
- Click on the Email campaign tab from the left side menu
- Click on the New Email Campaign button in the top right corner of the window
- In the Recipient’s block upload the CSV file created in the above step
- All your contacts will be automatically uploaded for your mass email campaign
Step 4: Compose your Personalized Email with follow-ups
- Scroll down and select the Outlook email account from which you want to send mass email
- Draft your email body and the subject line below
- Now after drafting let’s check how to send personalized mass emails in Outlook. SalesHandy provides you with all the attributes as merge tags that are available in the CSV file. You can just click on the merge tags and add them in your email body wherever required
- With SalesHandy you can also add an unsubscribe tag anywhere in the email which will help your recipients to opt-out of your emails and prevent you from getting spammed
Step 5: Add Follow-up stages to your mass email campaign
- If you wish to add follow-up stages, you need to click on the plus (+) button as shown in the image below. You can add up to 9 follow-up stages after the primary email.
- You need to adjust the date and time of individual follow-ups and also categorize the type of recipients to whom you want to send it. SalesHandy categorizes the recipients into 3 types: not opened, not replied and been sent.
- Not opened: These are the type of recipients, those who have received the primary email but haven’t opened yet
- Not replied: These are the type of recipients, those who have opened the primary email but haven’t replied
- Been Sent: This list comprises of all the valid recipients those who have received the primary email irrespective of open or reply count
Step 6: Send or Schedule your mass email
- After setting up your recipients list and drafting the email, you can comfortably schedule or send mass email Outlook according to your convenience
- You can schedule the date and time according to your preferred time zone, add an interval between two emails for more human-like sending and choose if you want to track the emails, links, and documents. Email Tracking, Link Tracking, and Document Tracking are other key features of SalesHandy which act as a bonus to send bulk email from Outlook with Mail Merge Personalization
- Click on Schedule Campaign and have a sip of your coffee from the cup beside you
Advantages of Using the Professional Method (SalesHandy)
1. Advanced email analytics
While sending mass email with Outlook in professional method, we can also analyse our email’s productivity by tracking the email open count, read counts and other users behaviour. We can also get overall campaign report in our email as well as in the SalesHandy web-app.
2. A simple process on one screen
Unlike Microsoft Word, in SalesHandy we can easily send mass email in Outlook from a single-window without any restrictions or disturbances. It saves a lot of time and effort and turns your work in a smart manner.
3. Send up to 5000 emails per day
With SalesHandy, a user can send up to 5000 bulk email from Outlook in a day (Enterprise Plan) depending upon the plan of your Email Service Provider. You can also pause your mass emails if your email quota is getting exhausted and resume it the next day. This SalesHandy feature helps in keeping your emails away from the spam filters.
4. Add contacts in a single click
With SalesHandy, you can upload the complete recipient list as a CSV format and the automated tool sorts the list smoothly. This is also a value gaining feature which saves time and effort. To prevent your emails from SPAM filters, you can use an email verification feature. This will clean your mailing list and categorize them as good, risky and bad contacts. When you are looking to send bulk email from Outlook it is suggested to use only good contacts for maintaining the sender score and staying away from SPAM flags.
5. Supports all latest Outlook Versions
Even if the professional method solves all the issues of mass emailing, still there’s a question that comes in your mind “how to send personalized mass emails in Outlook?” Well, SalesHandy is compatible with Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019. It is also compatible with all the Business versions of Office 365.
The solution to the global query “How to send mass email in Outlook effectively?” is not a time consuming or hectic job anymore. With SalesHandy we can send unlimited emails within a small duration of time. It became a blooming tool for different salespersons,email marketers, bloggers, and even recruiters to send mass email in Outlook without hitting on the SPAM flags.