- 1 Cold Email Software — Table of Contents
- 2 Top 5 Cold Email Software of 2023: At-a-Glance Comparison
- 3 Must-Have Features in Cold Email Software for Successful Outreach
- 4 20 Best Cold Email Software 2023
- 5 Bonus — Cold Emailing Best Practices
- 6 Ready to Launch Cold Email Campaigns?
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Cold email outreach is an essential part of any effective sales strategy. But spending hours crafting personalized emails only to have most ignored or marked as spam leaves you frustrated. You wonder if it’s even worth the effort.
Here’s the good news — with the help of the latest cold email outreach tools, you can maximize your deliverability, and response rates, and take your overall outreach game to the next level.
In this post, we’ve compiled a revised list of the 20 best cold email software, highlighting their key features, pros, cons, pricing, and customer ratings.
Cold Email Software — Table of Contents
- Top 5 Cold Email Software of 2023: At-a-Glance Comparison
- Must-Have Features in Cold Email Software for Successful Outreach
- 20 Best Cold Email Software 2023
- Bonus – Cold Emailing Best Practices
- Ready to Launch Cold Email Campaigns?
Top 5 Cold Email Software of 2023: At-a-Glance Comparison
|Software Name||Top Features||Pricing (Starting at)||Pricing Model||User-Friendly||G2 Ratings|
|Saleshandy|| • Email Personalization|
• Automated Follow-ups
• Sender Rotation
• Sequence Score
• Team Management
• Unified Inbox
• A-Z Testing
|$25/month||Unlimited Email Acoounts||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||4.6/5 Stars|
|Lemlist||• Sales Candence|
• Email Scheduling
• Email Tracking
• Follow-Up Reminders
• CRM Integrations
|$50/month||Per Email Account||⭐⭐⭐⭐||4.4/5 Stars|
|Snov.io||• Unlimited Emails|
• LinkedIn Integration
• Domain Search
|$39/month||Unlimited Email Accounts||⭐⭐⭐⭐||4.5/5 Stars|
|Quickmail||• Email Automation|
• Email Tracking
• Auto Follow-Ups
• Team Collaboration
|$49/month||5 Email Accounts||⭐⭐⭐⭐||4.6/5 Stars|
|Mixmax||• Email Sequences|
• Email Tracking
• Email Scheduling
• Polls and Surveys
|$29/month||Per Email Account||⭐⭐⭐⭐||4.6/5 Stars|
Must-Have Features in Cold Email Software for Successful Outreach
Using the right software can make a big difference in getting more responses and landing meetings. However, it’s important to have a clear idea of exactly what to look for in cold email software.
Given the nature of the cold email outreach approach, some features are a must-have to launch successful outreach campaigns.
Let’s take a look at them:
1 — Email Personalization
You need to make prospects feel like they’re getting an email just for them, not part of a blast to thousands.
In other words, you need to personalize your email for each prospect because it helps to stand out. As a result, you can get better open and response rates.
This is why you must look for a cold email tool that lets you easily personalize cold emails at scale with merge tags.
It’s an email personalization feature that automatically inserts the prospect’s name, company, location, and other details.
With personalized fields, you can say “Hi [First Name]” or “I saw [Company] just raised a new round of funding.” It takes seconds but makes your outreach seem tailored and human.
This makes it seem as if you’re speaking directly to your prospect versus sending a generic spam email.
2 — Email Scheduling
When it comes to cold email outreach, personalization is just one aspect of a successful campaign. You also need to carefully schedule your emails to be out at the right time and day.
According to a recent study, the best day to send cold emails is Tuesday, while the best time to send cold emails is between 10 AM and 11 AM and after 5 PM.
So, when you’re researching, make sure to look for tools that enable you to schedule emails to go out at specific dates and times in the future.
3 — Automatic Follow-Up Emails
If you’re doing cold email outreach for the first time, the first thing you should know is most prospects don’t respond after one email.
To increase your chances of a reply, you need to have an effective follow-up email strategy.
Most cold email outreach tools allow sending timely follow-up emails and set rules for sending reminders after X days of no response.
This is an essential feature because it lets you nurture leads automatically with relevant, value-driven follow-ups until you finally get a response.
Plus, you can scale your outreach dramatically with the auto follow-up email feature while still keeping your emails personalized.
4 — Centralized Master Inbox
If you’re using multiple email accounts for your cold email campaigns, keeping track of responses in all accounts individually can be a headache.
That’s why it’s critical to use cold emailing software that lets you connect multiple email accounts and brings all your email responses into one place.
Unfortunately, only a handful of cold email software lets you connect unlimited email accounts (Saleshandy is one of them) and bring prospects’ responses from those accounts to one place.
Pro Tip: Select a tool that comes with a Unified Inbox, bringing email responses from all your accounts into one centralized place. This allows you to easily monitor opens, replies, and follow-ups no matter from which email account is sent.
5 — Email Deliverability
If you want your cold email campaigns to be effective, you want to avoid the spam folder. People hardly check their spam emails, so it’s essential to prevent your cold emails from getting there.
And if your prospect marks your emails as spam, Internet service providers (ISP) may even block all future emails from you.
To avoid such situations and improve your email deliverability, here are some things you need to take care of:
- Your emails should be personalized.
- Your email domain should be authenticated with SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records.
- Your prospect list should be verified.
- Your email accounts should be warmed up before sending cold emails.
- Your email should not contain spam-triggering words and phrases.
- Your email should include an easy-to-unsubscribe link for your prospects.
- You should not surpass the daily email-sending limits.
Fortunately, there are many cold email tools that come with built-in email deliverability improvement features to ensure that your emails reach the primary inboxes of your prospects.
They help you maintain a positive sender reputation and optimize your email campaigns for higher performance.
6 — Team Collaboration
Another important feature to consider when you’re evaluating a cold emailing tool is the presence of collaboration features.
Ideally, you should choose a platform that supports multiple users and enables you to assign hierarchy based on individual roles.
These team management features allow your whole team to access shared templates, and contacts, and schedule emails in one workspace. This way you can ensure everyone has access to the tools they need while also maintaining privacy.
Plus, everyone can see open, reply, and meeting booking rates to identify successes and areas for improvement.
With these features, your sales team can work together collaboratively.
7 — CRM Integrations
For best results from your cold email efforts, you need to sync your outreach with your CRM containing prospect and customer data.
This is why it’s critical to go with a tool that offers integrations with leading CRMs like Pipedrive, Zoho, Hubspot, and others. With such an integration, you can seamlessly pull contact details from your CRM into your cold email templates and workflows.
Furthermore, CRM integrations also make your cold email outreach campaigns a more integral part of your overall sales strategy instead of a disconnected process.
CRM integrations automatically track email outreach in the same system where you manage deals, accounts, and contacts, connecting previously siloed processes. With CRM integration, insights from cold outreach like open and response rates can inform strategies for high-value accounts to align sales processes.
This unified view enables sales teams to optimize outreach timing and messaging based on a prospect’s stage in the buyer’s journey visible in the CRM.
So, choose a cold email software that offers deep integrations with your CRM.
This allows you to easily populate email templates with prospect data, track email metrics back to each contact record, and get a holistic view of your outreach efforts.
20 Best Cold Email Software 2023
Now that you know what to look for in cold email software, let’s check out the 20 best tools that can take your outreach to the next level.
- Saleshandy (Best Cold Email Software Overall)
1. Saleshandy (Best Cold Email Software)
If you’re looking for the best cold email software to increase your lead generation and sales, Saleshandy is the number #1 pick.
Saleshandy makes it easy to launch hyper-targeted, personalized, and automated cold email campaigns at scale.
Using Saleshandy, you can set up personalized email sequences with automated follow-ups. Basically, you can use it to reach out to your prospects, nurture relationships, and eventually turn them into customers.
In addition, you also get access to an advanced email deliverability toolkit to avoid spam filters. And real-time email tracking capabilities to track email open rates, reply rates, and click-through rates.
Key Features of Saleshandy:
- Cold Email Automation — You can automate sending personalized cold emails and follow-ups at scale. This helps you save huge amounts of time and effort compared to manual outreach.
- Email Personalization — With merge tags in Saleshandy, you can auto-insert unique prospect information such as first name, company name, and other such details In your cold emails.
As a result, your cold emails can seem personalized for each prospect.
Additionally, you can also use the Spintax feature to create unique variations of words and sentences within your email content. This reduces the need to re-write email copies repeatedly and scales your efforts in no time.
- Auto Follow-Up — Sending follow-up emails manually can take a lot of time. You need to constantly track who responded and who didn’t.
With the Auto Follow-Up feature, you can schedule automatic follow-up emails to prospects who haven’t replied to your first email. Using this feature, you can set up multiple touchpoints with your prospects and keep them engaged.
- Sequence Score — Creating effective email sequences is hard work. You’re never sure if yours are optimized for the best results.
With the Sequence Score, you can get a clear idea if your email sequences are optimized for best results. It rates your overall sequence based on your email setup, sequence setup, and copy. You get a score that shows how good your sequence is. The best part is that you can also get suggestions on how to improve your email sequences.
- Sender Rotation — Sending too many sales emails from one account can hurt deliverability. With the Sender Rotation feature, you can seamlessly connect unlimited email accounts.
When you automate emails, Saleshandy will randomly use different accounts to send each message. This can help you avoid spam filters.
- Unified Inbox — Managing prospect replies across many email accounts can be a headache. You might end up constantly switching inboxes to track conversations. With the Unified Inbox in Saleshandy, you can track all replies from your linked accounts in one centralized inbox.
This makes it easy to monitor and continue conversations with prospects in one place.
- Advanced Team Management — With the Advanced Team Management feature, you can create roles like owner, manager, member, and admin, give your team access to fit their roles and monitor their performance in one dashboard.
- A/Z Testing — With the A/Z Testing feature, you can create and experiment with 26 different versions of any email element – subject lines, preheaders, body content, etc. So, with a single campaign, you can rapidly test multiple ideas to perfect every aspect of your cold emails.
- CRM Integrations — You can sync customer data directly with CRM platforms like Zoho, Pipedrive, or HubSpot (coming soon). All your Saleshandy activities and prospect details automatically transfer over.
Pros and Cons of Saleshandy:
- Connect unlimited email accounts at no additional cost.
- Test-drive key features with the free trial.
- Unified Inbox lets you manage all your prospect’s conversations from one place.
- Get built-in email verification functionality.
- Access email templates designed for different use cases.
- Get detailed prospect and campaign analytics.
- Automate follow-ups for effective lead nurturing.
- Get integration with popular third-party CRMs.
- Access to advanced email deliverability features.
- Track emails and responses in real time.
- Get suggestions from an AI-powered email writing assistant.
- Supports multiple email service providers.
- No free plan (7-day free trial available).
30% Annual Savings
- Unlimited Email Accounts
- Unlimited Email Warm-up
- Sender Rotation Basic
- Unified Inbox Basic
- 2,000 Total Prospects
- 10,000 Monthly Emails
- 2,500 Email Verification Credits
25% Annual Savings
- Everything in Outreach Basic
- Unlimited Teammates
- Sender Rotation Pro
- Unified Inbox Pro
- 30,000 Total Prospects
- 125,000 Monthly Emails
- 10,000 Email Verification Credits
25% Annual Savings
- Everything in Outreach Pro
- Sender Rotation Scale
- 60,000 Total Prospects
- 250,000 Monthly Emails
- 25,000 Email Verification Credits
Get more information about Saleshandy pricing from here.
- G2 — 4.6⭐/5 based on 500+ reviews
- Capterra — 4.5⭐/5 based on 100+ reviews
How to Send High-Converting Cold Emails Using Saleshandy?
It is extremely easy to send cold emails with auto follow-up reminders using Saleshandy.
We’ve outlined the entire step-by-step process below for easy understanding:
- Step 1 — Sign Up on Saleshandy
- Step 2 — Connect Your Email Account(s)
- Step 3 — Authenticate Your Email Domain
- Step 4 — Warm Up Your Email Account
- Step 5 — Add Your Prospects
- Step 6 — Write Your Initial Email
- Step 7 — Set Up an Automated Follow-Up Sequence
- Step 8 — Activate Your Email Campaign
- Step 9 — Monitor Your Campaign Performance
- Step 10 — Check Your Email Responses
Step 1 — Sign Up on Saleshandy
Visit Saleshandy’s website, click the Sign Up for Free button, and create your account.
After creating your Saleshandy account, you’ll receive an automated verification email. Make sure to click on the link to verify your account.
Step 2 — Connect Your Email Account(s)
Once you’ve verified your Saleshandy account, the next step is to connect your email account to Saleshandy.
Log in to Saleshandy, go to the ‘Settings’ section, and open the ‘Email Accounts’ tab.
Here, locate the ‘Add Email Account’ button from the top-right corner and click on it.
On the next screen, input your email address & password, and hit the ‘Add Email Account’ button.
Once it’s done, your email account will be successfully linked to Salehandy.
Step 3 — Authenticate Your Email Domain
Next, you need to authenticate your emails for each domain.
Before we discuss the steps, here’s some context:
When you authenticate your email domain, you can establish a good sender reputation and achieve high email deliverability. As a result, your emails are more likely to land in the primary inbox of your prospects.
Now, let’s take a look at how you can authenticate your email domain.
All you need to do is set up the following records:
- SPF (Sender Policy Framework)
- DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail)
- DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance)
Step 4 — Warm Up Your Email Account
After email domain authentication, it’s time to warm up your email account before launching your email campaign.
Email warm-up is a critical part of the process because it also contributes to establishing a good sender reputation.
The process basically involves sending a small number of emails from a new email account and gradually increasing the number of outgoing emails each day.
Best part? – With Saleshandy, you can warm up your email account automatically.
Go to the ‘Email Warm Up’ section and click on the ‘Go To TrulyInbox’ button.
Saleshandy has partnered with TrulyInbox to provide email warm-up service for free.
So, go ahead and sign up on the TrulyInbox website using the email account you’d like to warm up automatically.
After that, click on the ‘Add Email Account’ button.
Next, select your ‘Email Service Provider’, enter the requested information, and click on the ‘Connect & Save’ button.
Upon clicking the button, TrulyInbox will start warming up your email account.
Step 5 — Add Your Prospects
While your email account is warming up, you can start uploading your prospects to Saleshandy.
Open the ‘Prospects’ section and click on either ‘Add Prospect’ to add your contacts one by one or select ‘Import via CSV’ to upload them in bulk.
On the next screen, click on the ‘Choose File’ button, select your CSV file, and hit the ‘Next’ button.
Now, follow the instructions that show up on the next few screens to finish uploading your prospects to Saleshandy.
Step 6 — Write Your Initial Email
Once you’ve uploaded your prospects to Saleshandy, you can finally start drafting your initial email copy.
Go to the ‘Sequences’ section and click on the ‘Create Sequence’ button.
After that, click on the ‘Add Step’ button as shown below.
Finally, start writing your initial email copy on the pop-up screen.
Alternatively, you can also use any templates from our library to kickstart your email campaign.
Once you’re done writing the email copy, hit the ‘Save’ button.
After writing the initial email, you can also set up an automated follow-up email sequence that will be sent based on pre-defined criteria.
Step 7 — Set Up an Automated Follow-Up Sequence
Open the ‘Sequence’ section and click on the ‘Add Step’ displayed below your initial email.
Note that you can add multiple automated follow-up emails in Saleshandy.
Step 8 — Activate Your Email Campaign
Finally, it’s time to activate your email campaign.
For this, go back to the ‘Sequence’ section and toggle the ‘Activate Sequence’ switch as shown in the screenshot below.
As soon as you activate the sequence, Saleshandy will start sending your emails to each prospect individually.
Step 9 — Monitor Your Campaign Performance
Next, wait for a few days to monitor your campaign performance.
Saleshandy has a built-in performance monitoring analytics feature that lets you check how many prospects have:
- Opened your emails
- Clicked on the links provided in the emails
- Responded to your emails
Reopen the ‘Sequence’ section and check the performance metrics for each email right there.
Step 10 — Check Your Email Responses
Once you send all your emails, wait for a few days and check how many responses you receive from your prospects.
With the Unified Inbox feature in Saleshandy, you can see all responses from your prospects in one central location.
Just go to your Saleshandy Dashboard and click on the ‘Unified Inbox’ button from the left-side menu.
Here, you can see all the responses you’ve received, so you never miss any important communication.
Yesware is primarily known as a sales engagement platform, but it also includes excellent cold email capabilities.
Yesware makes it easy for you to see when someone opens an email you sent or clicks on a link in it. You can then use those insights to improve any future cold email campaigns.
Although Yesware doesn’t offer quite as many advanced options tailored exclusively to cold outreach, it’s still a solid pick. It seamlessly supports general email needs while still leveling up your cold email game.
Key Features of Yesware:
- Mail Merge — With Yesware’s mail merge, you can send personalized emails to multiple prospects at once. The personalization can extend to various fields, such as the prospect’s name, company, or any other relevant information.
- Email Tracking — You can track when your emails are opened, clicked on, and replied to in real time. This helps you know exactly when to follow up based on the prospect’s engagement.
- Templates — You can create, save, and utilize customizable email templates. This feature saves you time while allowing you to send out numerous cold emails that still feel personal to each prospect.
- CRM Integration — Yesware integrates with CRM systems, especially Salesforce, allowing you to keep your CRM records up-to-date without leaving your inbox. This streamlines your sales process and helps you keep track of interactions.
- Follow-up Reminders — If a prospect hasn’t responded within a certain timeframe, Yesware will remind you to follow up. This feature ensures that you don’t miss out on potential leads due to a lack of response.
Pros and Cons of Yesware:
- See who opens your emails and clicks on links to identify engaged prospects.
- Set up multi-touch campaigns that trigger based on prospect actions.
- Access to detailed reports helps you understand campaign performance and make data-driven decisions.
- Schedule emails to be sent at the most optimal time to increase your open rate.
- Reporting lacks multi-dimensional analysis.
- Occasional email deliverability issues.
- Email automation is not as robust as you get in dedicated cold email software.
- Free Forever — $0/seat per month
- Pro — $15/seat per month
- Premium — $35/seat per month
- Enterprise — $65/seat per month
- Custom Plan — Request for a custom quote
- G2 — 4.4⭐/5 based on 810 reviews
- Capterra — 4.3⭐/5 based on 175 reviews
If you’re looking for affordable cold email automation, put Snov.io on your radar. It packs excellent features like template scheduling, workflows, and email tracking into its budget-friendly pricing.
Using Snov.io, you can quickly build targeted email lists within the platform. Plus, it comes with lead enrichment capabilities that ensure that you’re pitching to the right people.
While Snov.io doesn’t have the most advanced email automation capabilities, its features still get the job done.
Key Features of Snov.io:
- Email Finder — You can quickly find email addresses for leads on various platforms, including LinkedIn, and websites, making it easy to build a relevant mailing list for your campaigns.
- Email Verifier — Before you send out your emails, you can verify them to reduce bounce rates. This helps maintain your sender reputation and ensures your messages reach the inbox.
- Email Drip Campaigns — Set up multi-stage email sequences with triggers based on prospect actions. This means you can automate your follow-up based on whether a prospect opens an email, clicks a link, or replies.
- Email Tracker — You get real-time notifications when someone opens your email or clicks a link, allowing you to time your follow-ups perfectly based on prospect engagement.
- Personalization — Snov.io offers advanced personalization options for your emails, so you can make each message feel individually crafted for the prospect.
- Analytics — You get detailed reports on your campaign’s performance, including open rates, click-through rates, and reply rates, which you can use to tweak and improve your future campaigns.
Pros and Cons of Snov.io:
- You can create automated, multi-touch email sequences with conditional triggers.
- With the built-in email verifier, you’re able to reduce bounce rates, thus maintaining a strong sender reputation.
- Snov.io has a clean and intuitive interface, which makes navigating the features and managing campaigns relatively straightforward.
- With customizable templates and scheduling options, you can make each email relevant to its prospect and send it at the optimal time.
- While Snov.io offers a free tier, its features and usage limits are quite restricted.
- The email finder tool may sometimes return incorrect or outdated information.
- Some users have noted that the customer support response times can be slow.
- Trial Plan — $0 per month
- Starter Plan — $30 per month
- Pro Plan — $75 per month
- Managed Service Plan — $2,999 per month
- G2 — 4.5 ⭐/5 based on 270 reviews
- Capterra — 4.5 ⭐/5 based on 199 reviews
If you want software built specifically for cold email campaigns, Woodpecker should be on your list.
With Woodpecker, you can easily keep track of contacts, customize attractive email templates, and schedule effective follow-up sequences.
Additionally, you can set up a series of automated emails and schedule follow-up emails based on pre-set triggers.
This makes sure that your prospects get communication from you that is timely and relevant, which increases the chance they will respond positively.
Overall, the software is specialized for people who want to send a lot of personalized emails to new potential customers and clients. It helps you automate and scale your outreach.
Key Features of Woodpecker:
- Automated Email Sequences — You can set up automated follow-up emails that are paused or sent based on the actions of your prospects. This means you can plan a sequence of communications that adapt to the behavior of each lead without manually keeping track.
- Personalization at Scale — With Woodpecker, you can personalize your emails using custom fields. This allows you to craft messages that resonate personally with each prospect.
- A/B Testing — You can test different versions of your emails to see which one performs better. Although it’s not as powerful as Saleshandy’s A-Z testing, this feature still enables you to continuously improve your email content and strategy based on actual data.
- Detailed Campaign Analytics — You get real-time data on your campaigns, with metrics on opens, clicks, and replies, so you can track your success and make informed decisions.
- Email Deliverability Features — Woodpecker helps you maintain high deliverability with features like automatic detection of duplicate contacts and validation checks to ensure you’re not sending emails to invalid addresses.
Pros and Cons of Woodpecker:
- You can schedule follow-up emails that are automatically paused or sent based on prospect actions.
- Its clean and intuitive interface makes it easy for you to set up and manage campaigns.
- Access to real-time metrics helps you track and optimize the performance of your email campaigns.
- Emails sent through Woodpecker appear as if they’ve been sent manually, potentially improving open and response rates.
- For small businesses or startups, Woodpecker might be a bit pricey.
- New users might need some time to fully understand and utilize all the features effectively.
- Cold Email — $44 monthly per email slot. (when billed annually)
- Sales Assistance — $52 monthly per email slot. (when billed annually)
- Agency — $48 monthly per email slot. (when billed annually)
- G2 — 4.3 ⭐/5 based on 41 reviews
- Capterra — 4.6 ⭐/5 based on 31 reviews
If you simply need an easy way to blast out cold emails, GMass has you covered. It lets you swiftly upload large contact lists and send them cold emails with just a few clicks.
Once your emails are sent, handy features like tracking opens and clicks help you see engagement.
GMass also monitors inboxes in real-time, so you can stay on top of any potential issues. If your goal is to send high volumes of cold emails without complex workflows, put GMass on your list.
Key Features of GMass:
- Mail Merge with Google Sheets — You can effortlessly merge data from Google Sheets to personalize your emails. This means you can tailor each email for each prospect using information from your spreadsheets.
- Automatic Follow-Up Emails — You can set up sequences of emails that are sent automatically based on whether prospects opened the previous email, clicked on a link, or replied.
- Campaign Analytics — Track the performance of your emails with comprehensive reports directly in your Gmail. You’ll see who opened your emails, who clicked your links, and who replied.
- Send Emails in Bulk from Gmail — Send out large email campaigns directly from your Gmail account, making it look like you’ve personally sent each email.
- Email Scheduling — You can schedule your emails to be sent at a later date and time. This feature allows you to reach your prospects when they are most likely to engage with your email.
Pros and Cons of GMass:
- GMass integrates directly into Gmail, making it very user-friendly.
- You can send large volumes of emails directly from your Gmail account.
- You can test different variants of your cold emails to optimize subject lines and content for higher open and response rates.
- If you aren’t using Gmail, you can’t use GMass. It doesn’t work with other email providers.
- Gmail imposes sending limits, which can restrict how many emails you can send daily.
- The templates provided by GMass might be too basic.
- Standard — $19.95 per month
- Premium — $29.95 per month
- Enterprise — $49.95 per month
- G2 — 4.6 ⭐/5 based on 1115 reviews
- Capterra — 4.6 ⭐/5 based on 96 reviews
If you want cold email automation powered by segmentation, you can also consider Lemlist.
Its visual workflow builder makes it simple for you to set up targeted sequences based on user engagement and preferences.
For example, you can send specific follow-up emails if a contact clicks a link versus opens an email.
Lemlist also enables you to enrich contact data from linked tools you already use to improve personalization.
Additionally, automation features like scheduling and follow-ups help save a lot of time when coordinating personalized outreach at scale.
Key Features of Lemlist:
- Email Personalization — With Lemlist, you can go beyond just using the prospect’s name. You can personalize images and videos within your emails, creating a unique and engaging experience for each prospect.
- Automated Campaigns — You can set up sequences of emails that get sent automatically based on prospect actions like opens, clicks, or replies. Your follow-ups can be precisely timed to increase engagement.
- Deliverability Optimization — Lemlist provides tools and best practices to help you warm up your email account, improving your sender reputation and ensuring your emails land in the inbox, not the spam folder.
- A/B Testing — You’re able to test different subject lines and email content to see which versions perform the best. This helps you refine your approach and improve your campaign results.
- Team Collaboration — If you work with a team, you can collaborate within Lemlist, and share campaigns, templates, and results, making it easier to coordinate your outreach efforts.
Pros and Cons of Lemlist:
- Lemlist allows high levels of email personalization which can increase engagement and response rates.
- It provides tools for warming up email accounts to enhance deliverability.
- Lemlist offers a clean and intuitive user interface that makes setting up campaigns easy.
- Integrates with various CRMs and tools to streamline workflows.
- Access to a library of customizable templates.
- For smaller businesses or individuals, Lemlist can be on the pricier side compared to other cold email software.
- There can be a bit of a learning curve for beginners to get used to the platform.
- Standard — $50/seat per month (when billed annually)
- Pro — $83/seat per month (when billed annually)
- Enterprise — Request for a custom quote
- G2 — 4.1 ⭐/5 based on 133 reviews
- Capterra — 4.6 ⭐/5 based on 369 reviews
If you want to tap into AI to boost your cold emails, Smartreach.io is an intriguing option.
When you craft an email, Smartreach.io can suggest high-performing subject lines based on an analysis of what has worked well before.
Smartreach.io dynamically personalizes your email content, which makes each email more customized and targeted. And it can automatically send follow-up emails.
Key Features of Smartreach.io:
- Email Personalization — You can tailor each email with details specific to each prospect, enhancing engagement by making each message feel like it’s written just for them.
- Email Automation — You can create email sequences that get sent out automatically based on prospect behavior, such as opens, clicks, or replies, to keep the conversation going without manual intervention.
- Advanced Scheduling — You have the power to schedule your emails to be sent at specific times across different time zones, ensuring that your emails hit the prospect’s inbox at the most opportune moment.
- Deliverability Features — SmartReach.io is designed with features to improve email deliverability, including spam test reports and domain warming, which help your emails reach the main inbox.
- Email Validation — Before you send out your campaign, SmartReach.io can validate your email list to reduce bounce rates and protect your sender reputation.
- Team Collaboration — You can collaborate with your team by sharing email templates, campaign strategies, and analytics. This is especially helpful for aligning your sales and marketing efforts.
Pros and Cons of Smartreach.io:
- You can create complex automated email sequences.
- You can schedule emails to be sent at the most opportune times.
- You can perform A/B tests to optimize various aspects of your emails.
- Smartreach.io integrates with several popular CRMs.
- The platform offers comprehensive analytics.
- It supports team collaboration.
- Limited email template design options.
- the level of customer support can vary.
- Weak synchronization with Hubspot.
- Email Outreach — $23/seat per month (when billed annually)
- Sales Engagement — $39/seat per month (when billed annually)
- Agency — Request for a custom quote
- Enterprise — Request for a custom quote
- G2 — 4.8⭐/5 based on 25 reviews
- Capterra — 4.8⭐/5 based on 23 reviews
If you want your cold email platform tightly integrated with Gmail, Mixmax is a great choice. It enables you to easily track opens, clicks and replies right from your inbox. This gives you valuable insight without toggling between apps.
Mixmax also makes it simple to create effective automation sequences and follow-ups within Gmail. You can set up timely follow-up emails to re-engage non-responders down the line.
Mixmax’s templates expand to include personalized content with just a click. This saves you time while still customizing your messages.
If seamless Gmail integration is important to you, put Mixmax on your list.
Key Features of Mixmax:
- Email Sequences — You can create sequences of emails that automatically get sent based on prospect actions. If a lead doesn’t open the first email, Mixmax will send a follow-up.
- Email Tracking — Gain insight into who opens your emails and clicks on links in real time. This allows you to know the best time to follow up.
- Scheduling — You can schedule your emails to be sent at a later time or date. This ensures your emails arrive at the top of your prospect’s inbox when they are most likely to be checking their emails.
- Templates and Personalization — Use templates to streamline your workflow and personalize your outreach. You can insert placeholders that auto-populate with each prospect’s details.
- Polls and Surveys — You can embed polls and surveys directly in your emails to engage prospects and collect information without requiring them to leave their inbox.
Pros and Cons of Mixmax:
- Mixmax offers robust tracking features.
- It integrates directly with Gmail.
- Mixmax offers integrations with a wide range of CRMs and productivity tools.
- Intuitive user interface with easy-to-manage campaigns.
- Offers detailed analytics to optimize performance.
- The price point may be high for startups or individuals.
- Primarily designed for Gmail users.
- Customer support experiences can be inconsistent.
- Free Plan — $0/user per month
- SMB — $29/user per month (when billed annually)
- Growth — $49/user per month (when billed annually)
- Growth + Salesforce — $69/user per month (when billed annually)
- Enterprise — Request for custom quote.
- G2 — 4.6⭐/5 based on 1,155 reviews
- Capterra — 4.5⭐/5 based on 184 reviews
If you want automation capabilities on a budget, Quickmail.io is a solid pick.
It delivers excellent features like customizable templates and automated multi-step workflows at an affordable price point.
Quickmail.io also enables you to enrich your contact data for more targeted outreach. While some advanced features come at an additional cost, its basic plan provides solid functionality.
If you’re on a budget but still want automation capabilities, keep Quickmail.io in mind.
Key Features of Quickmail:
- Auto Follow-Up — Quickmail lets you set up automatic follow-ups that are sent if your prospect doesn’t respond. You just set the conditions, and Quickmail takes care of the rest.
- Personalization — You can customize each email with personalized variables (like first name, company name, etc.), making each message feel uniquely tailored to the prospect.
- Email Scheduling — Schedule your emails to go out at specific times. This means you can send emails when they’re most likely to be read, no matter the time zone.
- Inbox Rotation — This feature helps to distribute your emails across different inboxes, which can improve deliverability and prevent any single email account from being overloaded or flagged for spamming.
- Integrations — Quickmail can integrate with various tools and services, streamlining your workflow and making it easy to keep all your information in sync.
- Analytics and Reporting — You can see how well your campaigns are doing and where you might need to make adjustments.
Pros and Cons of Quickmail:
- Streamlines follow-ups with automated sequences.
- Enhances engagement with personalized email variables.
- Distributes load to maintain email health.
- Provides insights with open and click tracking.
- Offers clear reporting on campaign performance.
- Can be costly for small businesses or solopreneurs.
- Less emphasis on multi-channel outreach.
- Basic Plan — $49 per month
- Pro Plan — $89 per month
- Expert Plan — $129 per month
- G2 — 4.6⭐/5 based on 71 reviews
- Capterra — 4.8⭐/5 based on 25 reviews
Klenty is another capable automation tool with strong segmentation abilities.
You can create workflows to send follow-up emails based on different contact behaviors.
For example, you can create one workflow that automatically nurtures non-openers with helpful follow-ups at optimal times. And you can set up another workflow that sends different follow-up content to those who open but don’t click.
Klenty also enables you to thoroughly A/B test your email templates to refine your messaging over time. By finding the optimal content and structure, you can boost engagement.
With Klenty’s integrations, you can smoothly build contact lists and sync data from other tools you already use daily.
Key Features of Klenty:
- Email Cadences — With Klenty, you can create and automate personalized email sequences. This means you can set up a series of emails to be sent out on a schedule, automating your follow-up process and saving you a considerable amount of time.
- Template Personalization — You can utilize Klenty’s template personalization to make your emails feel more one-on-one.
- Prospect Management — Klenty provides you with the tools to effectively manage your prospects. You can segment them into different lists, track where they are in your sales funnel, and ensure that you’re following up with the right people at the right time.
- Email Tracking — You’ll have the ability to track opens, clicks, and replies in real-time. This feature gives you insight into how your prospects are engaging with your emails.
- Deliverability Tools — Klenty offers tools to help improve your email deliverability, including domain warm-up and spam test features, ensuring your emails have a better chance of hitting the inbox.
- Reply Detection — The software automatically detects replies and can pause or stop your email sequences accordingly, which helps prevent awkward situations where you follow up after a prospect has already responded.
Pros and Cons of Klenty:
- Simplifies the outreach process with automated sequences.
- Offers tools to personalize emails for each prospect easily.
- Helps organize and segment your prospects efficiently.
- Allows for setting limits on daily email sends to protect sender’s reputation.
- Focuses mainly on email, less on other sales channels.
- Offers fewer pre-made templates compared to some competitors.
- While it offers CRM integrations, setting them up can be complex.
- Startup — $50/user per month (when billed annually)
- Growth — $70/user per month (when billed annually)
- Pro — $100/user per month (when billed annually)
- Enterprise — Request for a custom quote
- G2 — 4.6⭐/5 based on 204 reviews
- Capterra — 4.7⭐/5 based on 34 reviews
Close.io is an excellent all-in-one CRM with powerful cold email capabilities baked in. It makes it easy to enrich contact data, craft targeted sequences, and track engagement.
With Close.io, you can easily set up customized cold email workflows and sequences right within your CRM.
While Close.io costs more than some standalone cold email tools, it brings robust CRM and cold email together into one. If you’re looking for an all-in-one powerhouse, you can definitely consider investing in Close.io.
Key Features of Close.io:
- Built-in Calling — You have a powerful dialer integrated right into the CRM. You can make and receive calls, log them automatically, and even record them if needed.
- Email Sequencing — Create sequences of emails that are sent out automatically based on prospect actions or at set intervals, ensuring consistent follow-up without manual effort.
- Bulk Email Sending — Send personalized emails to multiple leads at once, increasing your efficiency while still keeping that personal touch.
- Smart Search & Segmentation — Use smart search capabilities to segment your leads based on various criteria, allowing for targeted and effective email campaigns.
- Workflow Automation — It allows you to automate repetitive tasks in your sales process, so you can focus on closing deals rather than getting bogged down by admin work.
- Task Reminders — You can set reminders for tasks so you never miss a follow-up or a key step in your sales process.
Pros and Cons of Close.io:
- Offers a powerful built-in dialer for phone-based sales activities.
- Keeps all your lead information and interactions in one place.
- Helps in segmenting and finding leads quickly.
- Offers customizable reports to analyze sales activities.
- User-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Does not offer a free trial.
- Can be expensive, especially for small businesses or startups.
- May not integrate as widely as other CRMs.
- Offers fewer pre-built email templates than specialized cold email software.
- Startup — $49 per month (includes 1 user | billed annually)
- Professional — $299 per month (includes 3 users | billed annually)
- Enterprise — $69 per month (includes 5 users | billed annually)
- G2 — 4.6⭐/5 based on 310 reviews
- Capterra — 4.7⭐/5 based on 147 reviews
If you want a virtual assistant for cold outreach, check out Smartlead.ai. It allows you to describe your ideal customer.
Smartlead.ai then leverages AI to generate and send initial cold emails on your behalf. The virtual assistant handles the follow-ups based on responses as well.
This cold email autopilot can save you tons of time while optimizing your messaging and cadence using data. If you want AI to completely handle cold email outreach on your behalf, take a close look at Smartlead.ai.
Key Features of Smartlead.ai:
- AI-Driven Lead Scoring — Automatically ranks leads based on their likelihood to convert, helping you prioritize your outreach efforts effectively.
- Email Sequence Automation — Creates and manages automated email campaigns that send follow-ups based on prospect behavior, like opens or clicks.
- Campaign Optimization — Uses AI to suggest the best times to send emails and recommends optimizations for subject lines and content.
- Analytics and Reporting — Delivers detailed reports on campaign performance, offering insights into open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates.
- Smart Segmentation — Categorizes leads based on demographics, behavior, and engagement, allowing for targeted email campaigns.
Pros and Cons of Smartlead.ai:
- Helps you find email addresses.
- Automates sending emails.
- Tracks who opens and clicks your emails.
- Schedule your emails to be sent later.
- Easy to use and get started with.
- No advanced targeting options.
- Focuses just on email outreach.
- Must pay to remove SmartLead branding.
- Reporting is not very customizable.
- Basic Plan — $33 per month (when billed annually)
- Popular Plan — $65 per month (when billed annually)
- Pro Plan — $78 per month (when billed annually)
- G2 — 4.9⭐/5 based on 10 reviews
- Capterra — No reviews found as this is a relatively new product
For enterprise sales teams wanting a best-in-class cold email platform, Outreach is a leading choice. It offers a robust suite of capabilities powered by AI and machine learning.
Outreach can optimize your send times, analyze your interactions, provide predictive intelligence, and more. It also seamlessly integrates with Salesforce and other systems you already use.
Outreach requires a significant investment due to its extensive features and capabilities. But for sales organizations who want rock-solid cold email at scale, it’s a go-to solution.
Key Features of Outreach:
- Sequence Automation — You can automate your emails, placing prospects into sequences that will send follow-up messages based on their actions. No need to remember to send that second or third email—it’s all done for you.
- Personalization Features — Outreach.io lets you personalize your emails at scale. You’ll have the power to tailor messages to each prospect without sacrificing the personal touch that’s so crucial in cold emailing.
- A/B Testing — Optimize your emails with A/B testing to see what messaging works best. This feature allows you to constantly refine your approach for better open and response rates.
- Template Library — Save time with a library of email templates. You can use and modify proven templates to kickstart your campaigns.
- Analytics Dashboard — With Outreach.io, you’re not emailing blind. The analytics dashboard gives you a real-time overview of how your campaigns are performing, so you can make data-driven decisions.
- Salesforce Integration — If you’re using Salesforce, you’ll appreciate how Outreach.io syncs up with your CRM, keeping all your lead data in sync and up to date.
- Multi-Channel Capabilities — Outreach isn’t just about email. You can connect with your prospects across various channels, including phone calls and social media, all within the same platform.
Pros and Cons of Outreach:
- Streamlines follow-up processes with automated email sequences.
- Enhances email effectiveness through performance testing.
- Provides detailed insights into campaign success metrics.
- Allows outreach through email, phone, and social media from one platform.
- Supports sharing and collaboration across sales teams.
- Can be overwhelming for new users due to its extensive features.
- May be expensive for small businesses or individual users.
- Initial setup and customization can be time-consuming.
- Standard — Request for a custom quote
- Professional — Request for a custom quote
- G2 — 4.3⭐/5 based on 3081 reviews
- Capterra — 4.4⭐/5 based on 281 reviews
Reply.io stands out for its excellent email automation paired with shared inboxes and teams.
This cold email marketing software enables you and your colleagues to collaborate and engage prospects from the same centralized inboxes. This helps keep client conversations organized across your team.
Reply.io also makes it easy to set up effective sequencing and follow-ups to engage at scale. While other platforms focus solely on automation, Reply.io recognizes the importance of human connection in sales interactions.
Key Features of Reply.io:
- Email Automation — You can automate not just your emails but also follow-ups based on the behavior of your prospects. If someone opens your email but doesn’t respond, Reply.io can send a follow-up based on that action.
- Personalization at Scale — Despite automating your outreach, you won’t lose that personal touch. You can use custom variables and fields to make each email feel as though it was hand-typed.
- AI Email Quality — Reply.io employs AI to score your email content, giving you suggestions on how to improve it for higher engagement rates.
- Performance Analytics — You have access to detailed reports on how your campaigns are performing, with metrics on open rates, reply rates, and more, helping you refine your strategies.
- Team Collaboration — You can share successful templates, campaigns, and reports with your team, making it easier to maintain a unified outreach strategy.
- A/B Testing — You can test different versions of your emails to find out which messaging resonates best with your audience, allowing for data-driven optimization.
Pros and Cons of Reply.io:
- Streamlines outreach by automating emails and follow-ups.
- Provides AI-driven insights for email content optimization.
- Keeps track of follow-up tasks and activities within the platform.
- Allows sharing of campaigns and templates within a team.
- Facilitates testing different email versions to improve response rates.
- May be overwhelming for users new to automation tools.
- Initial campaign setup can be time-consuming.
- Managing deliverability and avoiding spam filters can be challenging.
- Free — $0 per month
- Starter — $60/user per month
- Professional — $90/user per month
- Custom — Request for a custom quote
- G2 — 4.6⭐/5 based on 996 reviews
- Capterra — 4.6⭐/5 based on 96 reviews
Mailtag.io provides an automation-focused solution optimized for sales teams.
It makes it simple to create, personalize, and track template-based emails. Mailtag.io also enables you to set up workflows to nurture contacts based on their engagement.
While Mailtag.io doesn’t have some advanced capabilities found in other tools, it delivers solid cold email performance.
Key Features of Mailtag.io:
- Email Scheduling — Mailtag.io allows you to schedule your emails to be sent at a later time or date. This ensures your emails hit your prospect’s inbox at the most opportune moment, regardless of time zones or working hours.
- Automated Follow-Ups — Set up automated follow-up emails to be sent if there’s no response to your initial email. This increases the chances of getting a response without manual effort.
- Email Tracking — You get real-time alerts when your emails are opened. This feature helps you to know exactly when your prospect has read your message, allowing for timely follow-ups.
- Link Tracking — Beyond email opens, you can also track when links within your emails are clicked. This insight is crucial for understanding prospect engagement and interest levels.
- Dashboard — A simple and intuitive dashboard gives you an overview of your email performance metrics, such as open and click rates, which is essential for measuring the effectiveness of your campaigns.
Pros and Cons of Mailtag.io:
- Know immediately when an email is opened or a link is clicked.
- Conveniently integrates with Gmail via a Chrome extension.
- Easy to navigate dashboard and functionality.
- Helps in maintaining a healthy email list by tracking undelivered emails.
- Simple setup and operate.
- Primarily a Chrome extension.
- Works only with Gmail, which might not be useful for users of other email clients.
- Lacks advanced features for more comprehensive campaign management.
- Free Trial – $0/user per month (14 days)
- Monthly Plan — $12.99/user per month
- Yearly Plan — $9.99/user per month
- G2 — 3.9/5⭐ (Based on 11 reviews)
- Capterra — 3.7/5⭐ (Based on 20 reviews)
Mailmeteor is another great cold emailing platform for executing high-ROI campaigns from start to finish.
You can quickly build targeted lists, create personalized templates, schedule sending, and set up automated follow-up workflows. This gives you the power to execute strategic cold outreach yourself.
This cold email outreach software tries to make your outreach emails more successful by using what it calls “algorithms” to determine the best time to send your emails and sequence your follow-ups based on each prospect’s engagement.
Mailmeteor offers templates you can use to save time writing emails. It also lets you send reminders to anyone who hasn’t replied and automate your follow-up messages.
Key Features of Mailmeteor:
- Integration with Google Workspace — You can use Mailmeteor right within Google Sheets, which makes merging data and sending emails extremely easy since you’re already familiar with the Google interface.
- Mail Merge — You can quickly insert names, job titles, or any other information from your Google Sheets into your emails at scale for a personalized touch.
- Email Tracking — Gain insights into who has opened your emails and who has clicked the links within them. This helps you gauge the interest of your prospects and tailor your follow-ups.
- Templates — Access a library of templates or create your own. This saves time and helps maintain consistency in your communications.
- Batch Sending — Send out batches of emails to avoid overwhelming your server or getting flagged as spam, which also helps to manage Gmail’s daily sending limits.
Pros and Cons of Mailmeteor:
- Works seamlessly with Google Sheets and Google Contacts.
- Straightforward user interface.
- Easy to set up and start sending emails.
- Offers basic tracking for email opens and link clicks.
- Affordable than more complex email outreach platforms.
- Lacks some advanced features.
- Works only with the Google ecosystem.
- Does not offer A/B testing features to optimize email campaigns.
- Premium — $9.99/user per month
- Pro — $24.99/user per month
- Business — $49.99/user per month
- G2 — No reviews
- Capterra — 4.8/5⭐ (Bases on 12 reviews)
If you already use and love Hunter.io for contact data enrichment, take a look at their new Campaigns feature.
Hunter Campaigns allows you to seamlessly execute cold email sequences using the lists enriched through Hunter.io.
This end-to-end solution lets you enrich contacts with verified data and then activate them in campaigns — no exporting or switching tools required. Hunter Campaigns makes it fast and easy to create sequences, customize templates, set follow-up reminders, and more. It also provides excellent tracking and analytics on engagement.
Overall, Hunter Campaigns is a logical choice if you want to stick within the Hunter ecosystem to execute both enrichment and outreach.
With Hunter Campaigns, you can handle the full cold email lifecycle from lead gen through follow-ups within a single, cohesive platform.
Key Features of Hunter.io:
- Email Finder — Before you even start your campaign, Hunter helps you find professional email addresses associated with the domain of interest. This is crucial for building a targeted email list.
- Email Campaign — You can create personalized email campaigns directly within Hunter. By using data from your email lists, you can customize each email for its prospect, increasing the likelihood of engagement.
- Email Scheduling — Send your emails at the right time by scheduling them according to your prospect’s time zones and preferred hours. This feature ensures your emails are more likely to be opened.
- Email Follow-ups — Set up automatic follow-ups to be sent if your first email doesn’t get a reply. You can define the delay between follow-ups and customize each message, keeping your outreach persistent yet personalized.
- Email Verification — Prior to sending your emails, Hunter can verify the email addresses on your list to decrease bounce rates and protect your sender reputation.
- Performance Tracking — Analyze the performance of your campaigns with detailed metrics on opens, clicks, and replies. This helps you understand what works and what needs improvement.
Pros and Cons of Hunter.io:
- Easily find email addresses related to a specific company or domain.
- The interface is intuitive, making it easy to navigate and use.
- Seamlessly integrates with Google Workspace.
- Provides analytics to track the success of your campaigns.
- Dependence on Gmail.
- No CRM Integration.
- No A/B Testing.
- Limited automation.
- Free — $0 per month
- Starter — $34 per month
- Growth — $104 per month
- Business — $349 per month
- G2 — 4.4⭐/5 based on 400+ reviews
- Capterra — 4.6⭐/5 based on 500+ reviews
If you want a streamlined way to send one-off cold emails, consider MailRush.io. Its simple drag-and-drop interface makes it fast and easy to draft high-quality emails.
You can quickly personalize your message with variables and queue it up to send to your imported list.
While MailRush.io doesn’t offer extensive workflow automation, its straightforward approach can be ideal if you don’t need complex features.
In a nutshell, If you’re looking for an uncomplicated solution for blasting personalized cold emails, MailRush.io can be a great cold emailing tool.
Key Features of MailRush.io:
- Email Automation — MailRush.io allows you to automate your email sequences, making sure that follow-ups are timely and consistent, increasing the chances of engaging with your prospects.
- List Management — You can manage your contact lists within MailRush.io, segmenting and organizing your leads for targeted campaigns. This means you can tailor your approach to different audience segments for better responses.
- Cold Email Personalization — The platform offers personalization tokens, so you can make each email feel individual and directly addressed, enhancing the likelihood of a prospect’s engagement.
- Email Deliverability Tools — MailRush.io provides tools to help ensure high deliverability, such as domain and IP warming, which are crucial for maintaining your sender reputation.
- A/B Testing — You can test different versions of your emails to see which one performs better. This feature is key for optimizing your campaigns for higher open and conversion rates.
Pros and Cons of MailRush.io:
- Sequence automation for timely follow-ups.
- Keep contacts organized for targeted campaigns.
- Features like domain warming help maintain a good sender reputation.
- Custom tracking domain to enhance branding in your emails.
- The user interface may not be as intuitive as other cold email outreach tools.
- Lacks integration with popular CRMs.
- Fewer pre-designed email templates.
- Free — $0 per month (100 emails credit)
- Starter — $8.25 per month (30,000 emails/month | billed annually)
- Pro — $16.58 per month (50,000 emails/month | billed annually)
- Premium — $37.42 per month (150,000 emails/month | billed annually)
- G2 — 4.1⭐/5 based on 4 reviews
- Capterra — 4.2⭐/5 based on 11 reviews
If you’re part of a large outbound sales development team and want an elite enterprise-level solution, look into Overloop. It offers an extensive suite of capabilities powered by artificial intelligence and predictive analytics.
Overloop provides top-notch automation, optimization based on data insights, excellent reporting, and more. It also offers superb onboarding and training resources to help your team maximize value.
While Overloop is very expensive, it’s a robust choice for sales organizations wanting cutting-edge cold email at scale.
Key Features of Overloop:
- Prospecting — You can find and verify email addresses right from your browser as you browse through LinkedIn profiles or company websites with Overloop’s Chrome extension. This makes building your lead list much more straightforward.
- Email Automation — Set up personalized email sequences that automatically send follow-ups based on prospect behavior. This means if someone doesn’t open your email, Overloop can send them a nudge without you lifting a finger.
- CRM Integration — You’ll appreciate the ease of managing your contacts and deals without having to leave Overloop, thanks to its integration with popular CRMs. Your sales data are all in one place, making it easier to keep track of interactions and deals.
- Workflow Creation — You can create multi-step workflows that go beyond just emails. Incorporate tasks, calls, and LinkedIn messages into your sales sequences to engage with your prospects across multiple channels.
- Email Tracking — Get real-time notifications when a prospect opens your email or clicks a link. This allows you to time your follow-ups perfectly.
- Team Collaboration — If you’re working as a team, you can share campaigns, templates, and results, fostering collaboration and ensuring consistency in communication.
Pros and Cons of Overloop:
- Overloop provides powerful sales automation features that can streamline your cold email process.
- Offers a range of personalization options to make each email feel more tailored and engaging.
- Overloop offers a Chrome extension that helps in finding prospect emails directly from websites.
- The platform includes an email verification feature to minimize bounce rates.
- Besides email, Overloop supports other channels like calling and LinkedIn messaging.
- It is more expensive than some cold email outreach platforms.
- Overloop might have limited options for split-testing campaigns.
- Startup — $40/user per month (when billed annually)
- Growth — $82/user per month (when billed annually)
- Enterprise — $124/user per month (when billed annually)
- G2 — 4.3⭐/5 based on 110 reviews
- Capterra — 4.0⭐/5 based on 1 review
Outplay is a premier enterprise-level cold email platform optimized for sales teams. It focuses on empowering sales reps through excellent automation, sequencing, and AI capabilities.
Outplay makes it easy to score leads, trigger personalized follow-up workflows, integrate with Gmail, and more. While Outplay is very expensive, it’s a premier enterprise-level solution for sales organizations who want to elevate rep success.
Key Features of Outplay:
- Multichannel Outreach — Outplay lets you reach prospects where they are most responsive, whether that’s through email, phone, SMS, LinkedIn, or Twitter. You get to orchestrate your outreach across different platforms, all from one place.
- Email Sequences — Set up a sequence of emails that automatically go out based on the schedule you decide. If someone doesn’t respond, Outplay will send them a follow-up, ensuring that no prospect slips through the cracks.
- Personalization at Scale — Craft emails that speak directly to each prospect by utilizing Outplay’s personalization features. Merge tags pull in data like the prospect’s name, company, or job title, making each email feel one-to-one.
- A/B Testing — Test different subject lines, email bodies, and calls to action to see what resonates best with your audience. Outplay’s A/B testing helps you refine your approach based on actual data.
Pros and Cons of Outplay:
- Intuitive and clean user interface.
- Streamlines follow-ups with automated email sequences.
- Personalization tools improve engagement rates.
- Tracks email opens and clicks in real-time.
- Expensive for small businesses or individual users.
- Overwhelming for people new to sales automation.
- Free — $0 per month
- Growth — $79/user per month (when billed annually)
- Enterprise — Request for a custom quote
- G2 — 4.5⭐/5 based on 247 reviews
- Capterra — 4.7⭐/5 based on 70 reviews
Bonus — Cold Emailing Best Practices
When reaching out to your prospects via cold email, it’s crucial to make a first good impression.
Here are the best practices you can implement to take your cold email outreach campaigns to the next level.
1 – Use Multiple Email Accounts
In cold email campaigns, using multiple email addresses is a good practice. If one of your email addresses is marked as spam, you still have other options. Additionally, you can segment your email list and test different approaches by using multiple email addresses.
So, when you want to email people you haven’t contacted before, use a few different email accounts instead of just your main one.
Most importantly, make sure to rotate through your email accounts when sending cold outreach emails. This will help ensure your emails successfully reach people’s inboxes instead of getting blocked or going to spam.
2 – Verify Your Email List
Before you hit send on any outreach emails, take the time to double-check that all the email addresses on your list are good.
You want to make sure each person you are emailing has an active, valid email account that they actually use.
Sending emails to inactive or fake email addresses can hurt your email deliverability and the sender’s reputation.
ESPs keep track of how many of your emails go through successfully versus how many bounce back or get rejected. If you have a high number of bounces, they may start blocking more of your emails or sending them to spam thinking you are a spammer.
So, do your research ahead of time and verify each email address is real and active. Look people up on LinkedIn or their company website to find the best email format for them.
Taking this extra step will pay off by making sure your outreach emails get delivered to real people who can actually read them.
This, in turn, will help you connect with potential customers and build relationships much more effectively.
3 – Send Follow-Up Emails
When you send an email to someone you don’t know well, don’t assume they will respond after just one attempt.
People get a ton of emails every day, so yours can easily get buried or overlooked. The best practice is to follow up your initial outreach email with multiple follow-up emails spaced a few days apart if you don’t hear back.
Sending follow-up emails shows that you are truly interested in connecting with that person and that you are persistent.
Research also shows that sending at least three follow-up emails can increase your response rate by 28% compared to initial outreach emails.
So don’t give up after one try. Keep following up politely until you get a response. The extra effort can really pay off by turning a non-response into a new connection or opportunity!
4 – Try A/Z Testing
To get the best results from your cold outreach emails, take time to test out different email elements like subject lines, calls-to-action, etc.
Set up A/Z tests where you send different versions of an email element. Then you can track open rates and response rates to see which email performed better.
Doing these kinds of split tests allows you to figure out what engages your potential customers best. Plus, it can also help you learn how to optimize your cold emails for higher open and response rates over time.
5 – Provide Unsubscribe Links
Last but not least, when sending cold outreach emails, always make sure to include an easy way for people to unsubscribe or opt out of getting future emails from you.
At the very bottom of each email, have a clear link that says something like “Click here to unsubscribe”.
This allows the prospect to instantly remove themselves from your email list if they want.
Providing an obvious unsubscribe option is important because it shows you respect people’s preferences.
If someone isn’t interested in your emails, they can easily opt-out with one click instead of having to email you asking to be removed. This helps avoid complaints that you are spamming people who don’t want your messages.
Even though it means some people will unsubscribe, giving them control over whether they get emails from you or not builds trust and keeps your subscribers engaged.
Ready to Launch Cold Email Campaigns?
Finding the right cold email software can really enhance your outreach. The top cold emailing tools can make managing contacts, automating workflows, and tracking results much easier.
Just make sure to provide value and relevance to your prospects, personalize your messages, and focus on how you can help.
Most importantly, follow cold email best practices like using multiple email accounts, sending multiple follow-up emails, and keep testing different variants of your email content to optimize your campaign results.
With the right cold email software and your own personalized touch, you can achieve great open and response rates.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is cold emailing?
Cold emailing is a technique used for reaching out to potential clients or customers via email who haven’t had prior contact with you or your company.
- Is it legal to send cold emails?
It is entirely legal to send cold emails. They are not spam emails. The spam emails are blasted in bulk without checking whether the email addresses are valid.
- Can I use free email accounts/addresses to send cold emails?
Yes, you can send emails from free email accounts (like email addresses like example [email protected] and [email protected]), but ESPs do not trust them if they continue to send cold emails from them. You can face deliverability issues. Therefore, professional emails or email accounts with the domain are suggested ([email protected])
- Is Gmail or Outlook better? What if I want to use a different Email Service Provider (ESP)?
Both ESPs are great for your cold emails. Studying each ESP’s regulation, especially regarding sending limits, is important. An excellent cold email marketing software will support ESPs, Gmail, and Outlook. But what if you’re not using any of these ESPs?
The SMTP connections of some cold emailing tools allow you to connect with other ESPs. If you change your domain in the future, you won’t need to worry about changing cold emailing platforms to support all three.
- Is email warm-up necessary for cold email software?
Email warm-up tools help you automate your warm-up process and build your email reputation with time. Although you can manually do a warm-up before sending your outreach weeks, using a warm-up tool saves you time and stays productive with many customization options.