If you are in the sales, marketing, or recruitment field, then most of the time, you have to send a single email to multiple recipients.
In this blog, we have covered two methods that give you a quick step-by-step direction on how to send emails to multiple recipients.
Here are the two popular ways to send an email to multiple recipients from your Gmail account.
Personalized Mail Merge Method:
The most effective way of sending an email to multiple recipients is to use the mail merge method. In this blog, we are using SalesHandy to create a personalized mail merge campaign.
The mail merge of SalesHandy comes with an automated follow-up feature which enables the users to set up to 9 follow-up stages for their email campaign getting you great open and reply rate.
Without further ado, let’s show you how to send emails to multiple recipients from Gmail using mail merge.
How to use Mail Merge Feature of SalesHandy:
Step 1: Sign Up With SalesHandy
Sign up with SalesHandy and create an account with them using your Gmail account. You can sign up for FREE here.
Step 2: Create a New Campaign
Once you have signed up for SalesHandy, you will be redirected to the dashboard. Click on the “Email Campaign” option to begin your first campaign.
Once you are in the email campaign tab, you can send an email to multiple recipients in the following four steps:
You can skip and jump to the video guide
Create a Campaign:
- Select “New Campaign” option.
- Give a name to your campaign. This title won’t be visible to your recipients. It is only for your reference
- Create a CSV and upload CSV in the “Add Recipients” section. Don’t know what is CSV and how to create the same? Refer our detailed guide here. You can also verify and clean the email list to ensure a lower bounce rate using SalesHandy itself.
- Once you have created and uploaded the CSV containing the necessary information of your recipients, the next step is to select the account you want to email from. (This step is only for users who have multiple accounts with SalesHandy.)
- Compose The Email: After choosing the account, it is time to set up the crucial part of the campaign i.e. subject line, email body with mail merges tags for personalization.
- Add Follow-ups: You can set up 9 follow-up stages according to the recipient’s behavior. This will eliminate your manual followup with multiple recipients.
- Refer to how to send email campaigns: a detailed step by step guide to learn the professional way of setting up an email campaign.
Step 3: Send a Test Email
- After writing the perfect email and setting up the campaign in the SalesHandy app, it is time to send a quick test email to make sure how it looks and to check for any corrections.
- This is how the test email will look like:
Step 4: Send or Schedule The Email
There are options that allow you to either send emails instantly or schedule it for later. You can also choose from 40 international time zones to schedule your emails as per your convenience.
For maintaining a good sender reputation score and better email deliverability, you can set a time interval between two consecutive emails. It will make your ESP believe it as a human-like sending.
If you wish your conversations to get integrated with your CRM directly, you can simply add your CRM ID in the BCC section of the campaign before scheduling the email.
Once you are through with all the steps, you will have successfully finished creating a marketing campaign to reach out to your potential prospects. Now, you just have to hit the send button.
Video guide to send emails to multiple people at once
We are done with the “How to” part, let’s move ahead to learn how the mail merge feature helps overcome the flaws of the BCC method.
Benefits of Using Mail Merge Feature:
- Personalized Emails: With the mail merge feature, you can customize every single email for multiple recipients using mail merge fields. This gives a personal touch. Sending a personalized email increases the email open, read and reply rate. It will defiantly boost the performance of your outgoing mail.
- Automated Follow-ups: When you send emails, there are some goals; it’s not just— send it and forget it. You would definitely follow up with them. Being consistent with communication has always closed more deals. Sending automated personalized follow-up emails to multiple receipts with increase the reply rate of your campaign. Don’t know how to follow-up? Check this guide about writing a followup email that gets a response.
- Tracking and Analysis: The email automation tool comes with the greatest of advantage and that is tracking and analyzing the performance of your campaigns. You will be notified as soon as any of the recipients opens or replies to your email. This enables you to approach them when you have caught their attention.
- Privacy: This tool covers the loopholes of the BCC feature. It protects the information of the multiple recipients and sends your message across strongly.
The BCC Method:
The BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) method is the most common approach to send emails to multiple recipients at the same time. Emailing to multiple recipients using the BCC feature hides other recipients from the recipient making it look like he is the sole recipient of the email.
The only plus point of the method is that it is easy to understand and simple to operate.
Without further ado, let’s show you how to send emails to multiple recipients in Gmail using its BCC feature.
How to use the BCC method:
Step 1: Open your Gmail account.
Step 2: Click on the Compose box to type the email you would like to send to multiple recipients from your Gmail address.
Step 3: After writing the email, click on the BCC option besides the CC option.
Step 4: Once you select the BCC option, type in the email addresses of the people you want to email or you can select one of the Gmail groups.
Don’t know how to create contact groups in Gmail? Learn how to create Gmail groups in just 2 steps.
Step 5: Keep at least one person in the “To” field and then just hit send!
As we mentioned in the introduction part, this is not the most efficient way to send email to multiple recipients in Gmail with this method. So, let’s talk about the limitations of using BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) in Gmail to send multiple recipients.
Pro Tip: It is advisable not to use this method if you have over 10 recipients.
The BCC method is an easier method but not particularly an efficient one. There are certain flaws and problems to it which are further solved in the mail merge method. For instance, sending an email to multiple recipients using the BCC method make the mass emailing behavior evident to the recipient as the “To” field and the body of the email is not personalized making the sender look unprofessional.
Send personalized emails to multiple recipients
With the mail merge feature, you can customize every single email for multiple recipients using mail merge fields.
Limitations of the BCC method:
- The recipients in the BCC will see that they were added to the BCC field which makes it unprofessional. This BCC feature is workable only for informal emails.
- If any of the recipients reverted to your email and instead of selecting “Reply”, he selected “Reply to all” then all the recipients get his reply.
- One of the major limitations of BCC feature is the lack of personalization. The BCC method is a big no-go for sending out pitches and marketing emails. Why personalization is a must when pitching your future prospect? Find out here!
- Adding too many recipients in the BCC field can alert Gmail of spam activity and your Gmail account might end up blocked.
How to send the same email to multiple recipients Outlook:
We have covered almost everything about how to send email to multiple recipients from Gmail but we know that the same question about Outlook is just around the corner. So, here’s a detailed page for you to refer to on how to use the mail merge feature to send emails to multiple recipients from your Outlook account.
When working in a customer-oriented business, little things create a huge difference. Personalization is one such thing. It makes sure that your recipients have a positive feeling when your email lends to their primary inbox. It might look like a small change but leaves a big impact on the mind of your clients.
Hence, Signup with SalesHandy free account and adapt the smarter way of sending email to multiple recipients.